Chapman GP7 Project

Re: Chapman GP7 Project

Postby dwyaneward » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:47 am

Brian,

Sorry to hear, you may be leaving TT understand your concerns.

I suggest, if you do decide to leave, to share your data files here so others may continue on with the project.
Dwyane Ward | Fairview, TX
------------------------------------
My TT Scale Modeling Blog
Texas & Pacific - Bonham Division in N Scale
KD Models -3D Printing
dwyaneward

Postby krokodil » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:30 am

Hi Brian

Do not give up so easy. We do not know what will happen and the sun will rise also tomorrow, does not matter which clown is sitting in the White House.
And do not fall into panic like many European politicians, who already called for a crisis meeting ( this Saturday).
:wall: :wall:
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Bernd » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:08 pm

I deleted my post.

This is not a place to discuss politics. I'm just sad to see this project take a down turn. I was looking forward to purchasing an engine.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby ConnRiver » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi, guys. I am a longtime reader of American political history. I believe Tuesday ushered in something else, something we have not seen before. My instincts tell me to beware, to be wary.

BTW, for me it is not a left-right, liberal-conservative, Dem-GOP thing. It is something different. And, it is not good.

Don't mean to start a political debate, not at all. Just attempting to explain myself. Thanks again,

-Brian
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby Bernd » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Brian,

Your concern can be discussed off list if you so desire.

Hope to see you back at some point in time to finish this great project you started. I'll understand if you can't complete it.

Take care.

Regards,
Bernd
Bernd

Postby ctxmf74 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:35 pm

"My god, in some ways this feels like January 1933 "

Brian, If enough of us keep this in mind the worst can't happen. Since the election was almost an even split and only 50% of the population voted there's plenty of paths to repair this damage. Modeling is a good way to recharge your batteries for the 4 years of hard work ahead, just dial back the size of the project and do whatever interests you the most when you need a break from the harsh situation we find ourselves in....DaveB
ctxmf74

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:29 pm

Ok guys. I let this go on purpose because some venting is probably needed. Now, let's steer away from the politics again. Keep in mind, you can continue such conversations via PM/email if you want.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConnRiver » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm having a rough time attempting to give up TT scale. Hard to shake off one's plans. That GP7-20 won't go away.

I did not wish to create drama, my apology.

-Brian
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

Postby sd80mac » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi Brian,

At least finish the Blomberg truck. This way, other modelers can just adapt a correctly done truck to whatever design they create.

Donnell
sd80mac

Postby ConnRiver » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:35 pm

Will you guys let me come back?

Instead of dropping TT work for projects in other scales, with further thought I've decided I want to continue in TT and also work a bit in a non-hobby area to hedge my bets.

Today, I'm purchasing materials to build a Sipping & Switching Society construction-style core section for a TT layout based on White River Junction, Vermont, a favorite locale of mine. The section will have Ebco banquet table steel folding legs under it with legs lengthened to preference.

WRJ is a small, bucolic village on the Connecticut River in the midst of gorgeous scenery. In 1955 the B&M and CV railroads commingled here. Four lines found their way to WRJ. And, CV partnered with CN, B&M with CP. The B&M had a full-time switcher here assigned to nothing but passenger train work. All kinds of diesels and steam ran through the junction, too.

Speaking of equipment, was it Richard-B who once suggested that RDCs would make an excellent TT scale project, given they would work well on small and start-up layouts? B&M owned the largest fleet of RDCs and had at least one of the four types, iirc. Maybe when I finish the GP7-20 unit, an RDC can be thought about?
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models