cement silos

Post your photos and video links here

Re: cement silos

Postby railtwister » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 am

After 2-1/2 days of no luck with the iPad trying to view the video on two different WiFi networks, and even after trying a friend's iPad and a couple of smart phones with no problem, I made an appointment at the "Genius Bar" at a local Apple store. Predictably, right after making the appointment online, I tried the iPad again, and this time (and every time since) it worked fine. I went to the Apple Store anyway, they checked the iPad, and said it was fine, the problem was not with it. They made an incident report in their database in case it happens again, and I was on my way. They said it was probably either my ISP or my WiFi router, even though the other equipment used the same ISP, and I tried it on two other WiFi systems.

At this point, I'm not sure about the iPad, at least I still have over a week to return it if I decide I don't like it. While it does have a great display (Retina), it has proven to be rather "glitchy" and awkward to use, even when compared with my iPhone 3GS, but especially compared to my 10 year old iMac. I have a feeling though, that after using the Retina display, everything else will seem second rate. Oh yeah, it did come in a nice box...

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Re: cement silos

Postby ctxmf74 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:48 pm

"At this point, I'm not sure about the iPad"

I just tried the video and it played fine on my wife's ipad mini. Maybe you need to clear out the safari cookies? She got her's last year when they first came out and it's been great. I wouldn't want to use it as my every day computer but it's very handy for checking email or taking a quick look at the internet. Also very nice for looking up recipes and setting it on the counter when cooking. I also use it when I want to lay on the couch and watch a video or websurf. For the stuff I do with it I don't miss not having retina display. .DaveB
ctxmf74

Previous

Return to Photos / Videos