Catenary Maker - PGH Eisenbahn Modelbau

Catenary Maker - PGH Eisenbahn Modelbau

Postby Sventton » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:27 pm

There is a considerable amount of this old TT catenary system for sale on US Ebay right at the moment, does anyone know the history of the company? It is from the DDR. My only Google result showed it being advertised around 1963-64. Did this company later become Viesmann perhaps? The masts and wire sections look like Viessman perhaps..... John
Sventton

Re: Catenary Maker - PGH Eisenbahn Modelbau

Postby tomvanhoy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:09 pm

John,
I asked Sip Hartman about these in reference to whether they would work with Rokal. Since Rokal is a bit larger than regular TT they are probably too small for Rokal. I would be careful of the plastic too. It may be of a time when they could get brittle with age.
On another note I have noticed quite a bit of early TT coming from the Lloyd Ralston Auction. Haven't checked to see what it all went for at the auction to determine if the dealers got them cheap enough to amke some profit after Ebay takes their cut!
Tom
tomvanhoy

Postby Sventton » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 pm

It's from the early Zeuke and Rokal era, i bid on a couple cheap pieces just to compare it to Viesmann. I'll let you know how that goes if I get it.
Sventton

Postby j p » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Those are from DDR, 1:120 - for Zeuke, Gutzold, and BTTB locomotives.
(Rokal was in another country and had their own catenary system.)
j p

Return to Electric / DCC