Cardstock Buildings

Cardstock Buildings

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:30 am

On a whim, I decided to try constructing buildings out of cardstock again.
Here is tonight's result:
IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

And the components before assembly:
IMG_2131.JPG
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Cardstock Buildings

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:56 pm

For those that are curious, I have used cardstock that can go through my printer, and then laminated two layers of cardstock together using spray adhesive.
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:13 am

There are some tricks to make the paper buildings more realistic.

1. Blacken the edges by pencil or paint. You can use the black color, or the same color as the main surface. But be careful with the paint!

2. You can cut and stick on some details separately, to make it more raised, protuberant. For example, on your building, you can make such things with adv signs, window sills and frames

3. You can use plastic and wooden details to make it more realistic. For example, windows, doors, etc. You can try to find the windows of the appropriate size, or, other way, modify the drawing, the pattern - before you print it
Arseny

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 am

Arseny wrote:There are some tricks to make the paper buildings more realistic.

1. Blacken the edges by pencil or paint. You can use the black color, or the same color as the main surface. But be careful with the paint!

2. You can cut and stick on some details separately, to make it more raised, protuberant. For example, on your building, you can make such things with adv signs, window sills and frames

3. You can use plastic and wooden details to make it more realistic. For example, windows, doors, etc. You can try to find the windows of the appropriate size, or, other way, modify the drawing, the pattern - before you print it

I have considered those points, and will likely do so on later buildings. Right now the idea is to see how the adhesive holds up over the long term that I used to laminate the cardstock.
AstroGoat760

Return to Builders' Corner