Can't Sleep......Clown Will Eat Me.........

Talk about anything and everything!

Can't Sleep......Clown Will Eat Me.........

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:37 am

This is the 9th day in a row where I have not been able to get to sleep before 4 am. , and I need to be at work by 6:30 am.

I have spent a lot of that time roaming the site here. Good stuff here, but I feel I am on the verge of a burn-out (not from here).

I asked my doctor today what he thinks might help, only to get....nothing. He feels that the shift to Oxycontin might have part of it, but the problem is the fact that I am hurting way too much to sleep, and he is afraid to give me anything else to help with the pain or with getting some sleep, as I am bruising real easy right now. I have paw-print sized bruises on my stomach from Nicholle's cat jumping on me last night.

If anyone is curious as to why I have not put out any new cars and buildings as of late, it is due to the fatigue, vision problems, and shaking. I managed to ruin both of the attempts at making an engine shed, so I have scrapped them, and will post the plans I made, for those that are interested.

Any ideas on how to try to get some sleep?
Last edited by AstroGoat760 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Can't Sleep......

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 am

I've had problems sleeping for as long as I can remember (or right around high school). I've tried pretty much everything I can think of but nothing's helped. By the time the weekend rolls around I'm tired as hell and sleep for 12 hours a night / day. It is what it is. I don't even fight it anymore.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Marquette » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 am

I rather have the opposite problem during the day, ready to pass out at any time of day... my boss at work even doesn't mind if I crash on the couch in his office when I really need to (generally it's just a 15-20 minute nap I need/am able to get).

Yet at night, even if I go to bed at 5 am, I'm automatically awake by 9... and often I can't get to sleep until the littler hours.

It's annoying, and it's draining... I'm constantly tired/sleepy.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:46 pm

TTQuebec wrote:I rather have the opposite problem during the day, ready to pass out at any time of day... my boss at work even doesn't mind if I crash on the couch in his office when I really need to (generally it's just a 15-20 minute nap I need/am able to get).

Yet at night, even if I go to bed at 5 am, I'm automatically awake by 9... and often I can't get to sleep until the littler hours.

It's annoying, and it's draining... I'm constantly tired/sleepy.

Sounds about how it is with me. If I fall asleep in the office, the orders from higher in the chain of command are to leave me be, as my entire chain of command knows about my medical situation, and the fight that I am in to get the help I need.

My mind feels like it is fried right now.
AstroGoat760

Postby Valeriy (M 1978) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:24 pm

May be some moderate physical training some 2-3 hours before going to sleep and some relaxed music :boohoo: half an hour before sleep-time? In fact for me your story sounds really serious. I really wish you to find the way out.
Valeriy (M 1978)

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Valeriy (M 1978) wrote:May be some moderate physical training some 2-3 hours before going to sleep and some relaxed music :boohoo: half an hour before sleep-time? In fact for me your story sounds really serious. I really wish you to find the way out.

Actually, working out makes the problem worse, as the bulges in my groin get worse, and the varicoceles act up, as well as if I am on my feet for too long, the hydroceles fill up and become very painful. Even walking around at a train show is a bad idea now. I started to have intermittent torsions during the last train show I went to. That is probably the worst pain I have ever had. And the sad thing is that none of the hospitals that I have been to here in corrupticut want to do the surgery needed to stop the twisting, as they claim that "it will only make the pain worse".

I do try to listen to some music while I am trying to sleep, and I bought my self some Koi to help try to relax. Both Koi tanks are next to my side of the bed.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Have you tried reading really dry boring books in bed?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:01 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Have you tried reading really dry boring books in bed?

Yes, I have. The problem is that often times the pain gets so bad that my vision blurs and it becomes hard to read. (This is part of why I put more spacing in my posts than others typically do - it makes it easier for me to read...)
AstroGoat760

Re: Can't Sleep......Clown Will Eat Me.........

Postby gabbysuz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:55 am

Maybe you should give Acupuncture a try, for your pain. One of the main functions of acupuncture is that it directs blood flow to the
areas of the body that need repair / healing, and also it can really help reduce the pain. Although the trick is to find a qualified Acupuncturist who really knows
what there doing ! Its helped me many times, including fixing a severe sprained knee which "Dr.'s" prescribed about 3 drugs. After my acupuncture session, I was
able to walk without pain in only 3 days ! So it does work, and they have the option of no needles too, just little round brass metal pieces taped to you, doesn't hurt at all.
Hope you find relief to your pain soon.
gabbysuz

Re: Can't Sleep......Clown Will Eat Me.........

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:40 am

Sounds like his doctors don't even want to give him Western medicine - I imagine getting anything else will be met with even more idiocy.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off Topic