Can't Sleep......Clown Will Eat Me.........

Talk about anything and everything!

Re: Can't Sleep......Clown Will Eat Me.........

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:20 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Sounds like his doctors don't even want to give him Western medicine - I imagine getting anything else will be met with even more idiocy.

That is about right....

What really pisses me off is how the doctors here in connecticut talk to each other about patients, and develop their diagnosis before they even see you. I have had two urologists here do that to me, where the first thing they say is that "nothing is wrong, just keep taking more painkillers, and everything will be fine." I had another one here change his diagnosis from "ultrasound on Tuesday, pre-operation consultation on Wednesday, and surgery on Friday" to "nothing is wrong, and I will not see you again" after he talked to the doctor that (mis)treated me in the Emergency Room right after the accident, and how she thought about what is wrong, despite her not knowing a damn thing about urology.

I am unsure about seeing an accupuncture doctor, after I drained my savings to try and see if a chiropractor might be able to help. I have since rebuilt my savings account, but I am holding that in the event of if I get stuck with the next ER bill or not. (I damn near had to foot the bill after I was sent to the ER when I started to vomit up blood....)
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 pm

I'll tell you something about chiros, if you find the right one you'll be amazed. I've been to 4 different ones (had back problems several years ago) and 3 of them where very skilled at yapping their pie holes but not much else. The other one though was a freaking genius. I went from not being able to stand up to feeling normal to feeling better than normal. On top of that, I don't know what he was doing to my back but a certain "thing" got longer......
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 pm

ConducTTor wrote:I'll tell you something about chiros, if you find the right one you'll be amazed. I've been to 4 different ones (had back problems several years ago) and 3 of them where very skilled at yapping their pie holes but not much else. The other one though was a freaking genius. I went from not being able to stand up to feeling normal to feeling better than normal. On top of that, I don't know what he was doing to my back but a certain "thing" got longer......

It's not that Dr. Kim was of no help, in fact, she was the first female medical provider to take my pain and injuries seriously over the last 22 months. (I have seen around two dozen female doctors, nurses, technicians. Only two of which took me seriously and did not laugh at me or try to ridicule me for having damaged testicles.)

The problem was, chiropractic work only works if the pain is due to misalignment of joints and some nerve issues. I have confirmed issues with my prostate, bladder, and both testicles that are still ongoing, and all I am getting to help with it now is oxycontin, which is making it harder to get any sleep...

This is a great deal of why I hate connecticut so much. Granted, I would still hate connecticut, even without the medical problems, I just hate it more because of the way that the doctors here have treated me. I cannot afford to leave the area to seek help, unless so authorized by the base clinic, but the skipper of the base clinic is making that hard, with her attempts to have me thrown into an asylum and pulling rank on the military doctors that I have seen to this point. Captain DiRenzio is nothing short of an uber-bitch, period. I do not care that military regs prohibit me from speaking the truth about a superior officer; it's not like I have a career to save anymore.....

Right now, all I want is to get 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep...
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:38 am

I have not been able to get any sleep since Saturday (06Mar2010) now. I can't lie down because it feels like someone is stabbing my left kidney with a knife, and the tingling feeling (like when one's foot falls asleep) in my groin is getting to the point of excruciating pain.

Any ideas on what I should do?
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Alcohol, pot, horse tranquilizers, crack? At this point that's all I got. Sorry : (
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:08 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Alcohol, pot, horse tranquilizers, crack? At this point that's all I got. Sorry : (

Well, I ended up having to see sick-call at the base clinic. They were a bit shocked to find that the painkillers are not working, and that I have survived on such low amounts of sleep.
I can't get anything stronger for the pain until the 18th of March, as my doctor is on vacation until then.

I ended up throwing up a few times today due to pain surges.

I think I am going to have to call it: unless there is a complete 180' turn taken to correct my present medical problems, we will not be able to make this year's NMRA convention. I am quite sure that having me there in such a messed up state would be detrimental for our group.

If we are actually going to have a presence that the convention as a TT scale group this year, I can ship the 180' module to somebody that is going there. Nicholle is unsure if she will be able to go, as she will be about 8 months along, unless she is able to get a comfortable chair brought with.
AstroGoat760

Postby Valeriy (M 1978) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Is it expensive to make proper operations or the doctors don't recommend it in any case?
Valeriy (M 1978)

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Valeriy (M 1978) wrote:Is it expensive to make proper operations or the doctors don't recommend it in any case?

That is not the problem, the problem is due to the fact that the doctors here talk to each other about patients before they even see that patient, and are more willing to cover each other's asses than take care of patients.

After I complained about how the first doctor to see me after the accident (Dr. Catherine Glazer of Lawrence and Memorial Hospital, New London, CT), things went downhill quick.

She refused to let Nicholle in with me, refused my requests for a male doctor, nurse, or at least a male orderly. Dr. Glazer went on to tell me that "Every time a guy gets hit down there, he thinks it is the end of the world", and that "Testicular trauma is NEVER a medical emergency", and that I wasted her time by going to the Emergency Room. She also refused to examine me, and told me that I did not deserve for any sort of diagnostic scan to be done.

After the complaint was made, I was told that I had no right asking for my wife to be present, nor to have a male provider present. Dr. Glazer changed her report afterwards to claim that she did examine me, and even did an ultrasound herself, and nothing was wrong. All this coming from a woman that at first professed to know nothing about male urology problems. To top it off her first report made no claims of an exam even being done. Aside from her claiming that she did an ultrasound, there is nothing to back that up, no ultrasound report, no insurance bill.

I had a urologist that had a plan for surgery, until he got a call from Captain K. A. DiRenzio, super-bitch and commanding officer of the base clinic here in Rotten Groton. (She did not like my filing complaints about some comments that female staff members made to me at the base clinic that were blatently nothing other than sexual harassment and gender bias. ("Since you have a child already, you are not a priority for care". and "Women need and deserve more considerate and compassionate health care than men do.")

I am quite sure that had I not made those complaints, I would still have a problem with care, due to the lack of men's health care in the Navy and in connecticut.

Now I am facing medical discharge in the next few months, so I am unsure as to what will happen now...
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 am

Once again, I am having a hard time sleeping. So I have done work on the pamphlets and prep work for the 4-2-4 project.

With the frequency and severity of the dizzy spells and pain surges I am having, I am unsure if I can do any model work without risking ruining a project.

I see my doctor later on this morning. I hope he is willing to look into why the painkillers are no working anymore, and will do something to get the pain under control. I tried to use my portable blood pressure cuff to record my blood pressure during some of the pain surges, only to end up with it so high that the machine read "error" as my BP and pulse were so high.

I have only have maybe 5 hours of sleep since last Saturday. I am so fatigued, but I can't sleep...
AstroGoat760

Previous

Return to Off Topic