Bulgaria - Bulgarski Durzhavni Zheleznitsi

These are prototypes which either exist as TT scale models or can be modeled from existing models.

Re: Bulgaria - Bulgarski Durzhavni Zheleznitsi

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:39 pm

022570926-big.jpg
022570934-big.jpg
022570940-big.jpg
Different type of Bulgarian coach (2nd class) similar to type Y, with different windows arrangement, bogies and end doors (2 tone blue)
022583197-big.jpg
Type B East German built for the Bulgarian Railways delievered in original color
637847.jpg
Most of the previous photos (from the older posts) are not viewable anymore. I apologise if this is a repeat. BDZ 2nd class coach 2 tone blue.
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:13 pm

022579505-big.jpg
East German built coach ready to be delivered to Bulgarian Railways
022582493-big.jpg
022582482-big.jpg
022582481-big.jpg
Some photos of a modified Y/B 70 coach for railways maintenance (?)
Christtking

Postby Christtking » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 pm

6347705244_f34a77f547_b.jpg
Era III type WLAB sleeping coach (original version, different than TILLIG's)
h0dh.jpg
Restaurant coach
Christtking

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:18 am

Wow, nice finds.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Christtking » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:19 am

@ConducTTor: :thumbup: Thank you!
Christtking

Postby LVG1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Very interesting images, indeed! :thumbup:

But unfortunately, they lack in information and their captions are partially wrong.

1st post on this page:
This post is especially interesting because I neither know the cars (except for the one on the last image) nor the livery.
Bulgaria mainly provided themselves with passenger cars. I know, there were B-type cars. But that's it. I don't have further information.
  • The cars on the first four images are definitely not GDR-made. They could be B-type and Y-type, respectively. But finally, I don't know it.
    I also don't know how much work will be necessary to make them out of available TT-scale cars.
  • That's one of 20 second-class coaches made by Waggonbau Bautzen (WB) in 1982. It's a Y/B70-type car. But in contrast to most other cars of this type, these were delivered with lower roofs. So quite a bit of work is necessary to modify an existing TT-scale car to get such model.
    They were delivered in green. This livery is new to me.

2nd post on this page:
  • Here you can see one of 60 Y-type couchette coaches delivered by Waggonbau Görlitz (WG) in 1968. Those Y-type cars are available in TT scale.
  • The remaining three images show a type of car which was not newly delivered to Bulgaria. But in the 1990's, Bulgaria was among those countries buying a lot of old discarded cars from Germany which otherwise would have been scrapped. Probably, this is one of those cars. It's GDR-made. But I'm not sure if it's B-type or Y-type. The photos don't show it clearly enough. But at least, it's not Y/B70-type!
    It uses the standardized carbody for first-class and mixed first and second-class coaches, respectively. It should be easily possible to modify an available TT-scale car to make a model of it.

3rd post on this page:
  • The sleeping car's photo is probably a manufacturer's photo. It's a B-type sleeping car. Waggonbau Görlitz (WG) made ten units of them for Bulgaria in 1962. Except for their livery, they were absolutely identical with those delivered to Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR). They were the only GDR-made B-type cars ever exported.
    They were delivered in green. But already after a very short time, Bulgaria decided to recolor them into blue.
    I don't know if B-type sleepers are made in TT scale.
  • These Z-type (26.4 meters long [86 feet 7 1/3 inches]) dining cars were made in 1980. Waggonbau Bautzen (WB) delivered 20 units of them to Bulgaria.
    Does anybody make them in TT scale?
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Previous

Return to Prototypes by Country