Building EMD SD45...

Re: Building EMD SD45...

Postby Norkin-model » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Unf. - no. But i have this stuf looks like the same as on my 2te116.

We still have some time to paste them into a kit (but i'm not shure about enought plase on a brass kit)
scaro wrote:hi andrey
does the SD45 come with etched fans to go under the round grilles in the picture?
regards, ben
Norkin-model.ru - Brass models of a railroads
Norkin-model

Postby Norkin-model » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:51 pm

truck side frames - more picture please! :thumbup: picks about a kit will make tomorrow.
lüTTe wrote:I can't see any and also the missing truck side frames. :eh: More pictures please!
Norkin-model

Postby Norkin-model » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:29 pm

lüTTe wrote: More pictures please!

Bigger photoes
Norkin-model

Postby ArturSch » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:51 am

@Norkin-model:
- Do you know how many hours it takes to mount the model (approximately - easy or difficult to build)?
- Can I use the drive and chassis from Roco BR120 or BR132 without major mechanical alterations?
- Does the model has enough space to mount sound decoder with a larger then standard loudspeaker (or better two !! ), eg ESU 50448, or You know better one?

I am preparing to take the decision to start this model.
:lol:
ArturSch

Postby richardedmonds » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Where do we buy? and how do we pay for theses etches? I am really looking forward to building one however I do need to get one to build first
richardedmonds

Postby Norkin-model » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:46 pm

As far as i get - Alrebel collecting this kind of info.
richardedmonds wrote:Where do we buy?
Norkin-model

Postby Norkin-model » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Thank you for your thoughts. I'll try to unswer.

1 - Njt more than 8-16 h. in case that you have all stuff (instreuments e.t.c.) If we count from 1 - 10 The level of hardness is about 6-7. But there are more than 70 diff parts
2 - I'm looking forward to build a frame based on BR120, BUT we havent steel desided if it will be ROCO or Tillig. Tillig is cheaper and a frame for this boggies will be wery simple.
3 - there is enougt space in the front hood and in a back after a boggie. I think thet - yes - there is some space for your experiments.
ArturSch wrote:@Norkin-model:
1- Do you know
2- Can I use the drive
3- Does the model has enough space

I am preparing to take the decision to start this model.
:lol:
Norkin-model

Postby Zs12 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Norkin-model wrote:I'm looking forward to build a frame based on BR120, BUT we havent steel desided if it will be ROCO or Tillig. Tillig is cheaper and a frame for this boggies will be wery simple.

In this case it would pay to take Tillig's loco. It's much cheaper (at ebay) and the second series runs well and silent, too. The Roco M62 looks better, sure, but behind the SD45 brass frame that won't matter. :thinking:
Zs12

Postby ArturSch » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:05 am

lüTTe wrote:... the second series runs well and silent, too.
It is a great difference between BR120 Tillig and Roco - more than 15 years (the year of construction) and it shows up on the rails and can be heard !! Only Roco, although the more expensive.

There are errors In Tillig, in the transfer of power, which causes damage to the gears. The result is loud and pulled ride, in extreme cases leads to engine failure. One of them:
Bracket "A" is a bit too long. Slight shift causes attaching the edge of the "B" on the sprocket axis "C". More: in Polish

It is true that the current production is much better than before. Might be able to fit your project to both versions BR120? :pray:
ArturSch

Postby Norkin-model » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:03 pm

I think that as my SD45 is in a kit, but not a ready model - you guys can use both (tillig/roco) for a personal frame! :think:

I can workout a frame for Tillig and send to Constructor a drawings so he will print it like he print his models. Than You will need only to copy that frame in soft metal (soldering). :dance:

I think I’ll be much more cheeper than to sending ready frames through Atlantic((-: May by somebody will send me an SD40 from A&D after that :thinking: ((((-:

ArturSch wrote:It is a great difference between BR120 Tillig and Roco
Norkin-model

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models