british style chassis for four wheel wagons

british style chassis for four wheel wagons

Postby scaro » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:50 pm

i am trying to see if there is any rolling stock produced in TT with the rather dainty looking chassis used by british inspired railways:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cpdbear/5511159723/

i have looked through tillig's online cattledog and have drawn a blank. i imagine something from 'epoch 1' might be suitable but tillig don't seem to make any guterwagen from that era and most european four wheel wagons look a bit more heavy duty than what i want. is there another manufacturer i should be looking at? i do not need wagons, really, just chassis ...

i had thought that some of those old style german beer wagons might be useful but cannot find any.

ben
scaro

Re: british style chassis for four wheel wagons

Postby Arseny » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Did you try to find something here?..

http://3smr.co.uk/
Arseny

Postby scaro » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:16 pm

i did. i'm a member of the 3 millimeter society too. but they are too big.
scaro

Postby dileTTante » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Here are a couple that I have. They are from Tillig several years ago. I may have others similar. Don't have catalog numbers. If they look suitable I can dig into the old Tillig catalog for the numbers.
Attachments
DSC02127R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby scaro » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:31 pm

the only euro wagons i have are by BTTB and they look similar to the ones on these. i suspect i may have to just bash the 3mm ones about a bit ... it's weird because you'd think the 3mm ones would be bigger but the actual size compared to the BTTB ones is a little smaller. euro wagons clearly have a very different design to the brits.
scaro

Postby scaro » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:33 am

3mm too big, Euro 1:120 too clunky.

hmm, looks like Lima N gauge provide something that can be made into a master for a side sill, W-irons and axleboxes with springs.

... guess i owe one to Lima for being 'accidentally TT'.
scaro

Return to Prototypes / Models