Brief intro

Talk about anything and everything!

Brief intro

Postby Marquette » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Well, I figured since I already made a bunch of other posts, I'd make a little intro about myself.

I'm 33, live in Vancouver, BC, studying history and linguistics, speak I dunno how many languages, and am a railway nut.

I got my TT start at Christmas 1979, when I spent a year in Hungary with my grandparents. Then rediscovered the scale in 1991. Did a bit of that, then jumped to Chinese proto HO whilst living in China, then to Japanese N scale upon my return to Canada. Then, TT grabbed me back, and so did North American prototypes, which I'd previously considered dull and uninteresting (apart from the BC Hydro Railway which I grew up looking at!). Boy, how wrong I was!

I'm working on modelling the Quebec Central in 1954, from Vallee Jonction up the Chaudiere Sub.

I will say it outright, as a badge of honour: I *am* a rivet counter. I want my models to be as accurate as possible, even if I'm not up there in skill with the Ted Culottas of the world, but I'm working on it. Coming to North American TT is what brought out the rivet counter in me: slowly it dawned on me, that if I'm going to be doing a lot of scratchbuilding, then I may as well go the extra couple of metres and make a *model*, instead of just a representation. And it helped to have others around me who are very much into accurate modelling. And for my part, that's the way to go, and I think TT is the perfect size for that!
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Return to Off Topic