Boxcar Diagrams

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby richardedmonds » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Marquette wrote:http://www.gn-npjointarchive.org/default.aspx - An invaluable resource for anything GN or NP related. Thanks for reminding me, Sailor!



Brill thanks guys that will do nicely,one more thing any websites with good roof photo's can find lots of side views but very few from above.
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby Marquette » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:17 pm

I have lots of roof photos, what do you need? Keep in mind there were multiple roof types that looked quite different one to the next. Not quite as diverse as end types, but nearly so.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
User avatar
Marquette
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm

I have a modeler's handbook that has a number of diagrams of prototypes, in TT scale. As the book is around 50 years old, modelers seeking recent prototypes would not get any help from it though.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bowdon, Georgia, USA

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby richardedmonds » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Marquette wrote:I have lots of roof photos, what do you need? Keep in mind there were multiple roof types that looked quite different one to the next. Not quite as diverse as end types, but nearly so.


M I will have to bow to your superior knowledge but any roof type that would be suitable for varities of steel boxcars of the 1935 --1950's era would be ideal. I am not trying to make state of the art but something that is reasonably accurate for the time period. There are so many varities of cars and I would be happy with something that is reasonably representative of any of them so at least they look right.


Thanks a lot R
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby richardedmonds » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I have a modeler's handbook that has a number of diagrams of prototypes, in TT scale. As the book is around 50 years old, modelers seeking recent prototypes would not get any help from it though.


Are there any problems of copyright at that age, if not I would sure like a few copies if possible, Angry I could post you some Dollars in an envelope if that would be ok

Thanks R
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby richardedmonds » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Oh sorry M and the same for you of course
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:33 am

richardedmonds wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:I have a modeler's handbook that has a number of diagrams of prototypes, in TT scale. As the book is around 50 years old, modelers seeking recent prototypes would not get any help from it though.


Are there any problems of copyright at that age, if not I would sure like a few copies if possible, Angry I could post you some Dollars in an envelope if that would be ok

Thanks R


I am trying to find out if the copyright is still active on the book. It does not appear that the publisher is even around anymore.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bowdon, Georgia, USA

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby ConnRiver » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:02 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:
richardedmonds wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:I have a modeler's handbook that has a number of diagrams of prototypes, in TT scale. As the book is around 50 years old, modelers seeking recent prototypes would not get any help from it though.


Are there any problems of copyright at that age, if not I would sure like a few copies if possible, Angry I could post you some Dollars in an envelope if that would be ok


By chance, this? "TT Gauger's Handbook - With an Introduction By Glyn Lewis". (Price when issued, $1.) A Penn Craft Book. Edited by Harold H. Carstens. Copyright 1960.

I picked up this copy from Abebooks, a used book site. But, Richard, it came from Saintfield Antiques & Fine Books in the UK! Perfect, clean copy.

-Brian Chapman
Evansdale, Iowa
Brian Chapman
Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA
ConnRiver
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa / USA

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby AstroGoat760 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 pm

I have that book myself, that is the book I was thinking of.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
User avatar
AstroGoat760
 
Posts: 3271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Bowdon, Georgia, USA

Re: Boxcar Diagrams

Postby richardedmonds » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:21 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:I have that book myself, that is the book I was thinking of.


Heck now I remember that book I have one as well, don't know where it is though maybe a search is on the cards. That is amazing Brian, I got my copy I remember from a chap in California on ebay. It is amazing how far these kind of books can travel
richardedmonds
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London England

PreviousNext

Return to Prototypes / Models

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron