Berlin Wall Dominoes

Talk about anything and everything!

Berlin Wall Dominoes

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 am

Okay, lets try this again,

Here is a video of dominoes set up in Berlin along the original path of the Berlin Wall that was toppled over a few nights ago to commemorate November 9th, 1989 - the "Day the Wall Fell". I remember seeing the Wall being dismantled by cranes and hammers, and people dancing on the ruins of the Wall on the nightly new back in 1989. I did not understand entirely what it was about - heck much of anything newswise is understandable to a 6 year old.
I do remember my grandfather crying when he saw the news, something I seldom saw, so I knew this was something big.

Enough rambling and on with the video...

Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Berlin Wall Dominoes

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 am

Okay, I seem to have a bit of difficulty with posting videos, which may explain why the last attempt did not take.
I had to submit this twice, with about a 5min wait.

But at least it posted!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: Berlin Wall Dominoes

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 am

I edited your post to embed the video. If you click on 'edit' you can see what I did. As for the fall, I imagine for many it was the symbol of a new world. In my opinion, it was one of those rare occasions that reaffirms that we as people have at least a little sense.

How things change. Back then that strip was a wasteland. Now there's a couple of dudes blazing by on Segways with high def cameras.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic