Berlin Hobby/Train Shops

Re: Berlin Hobby/Train Shops

Postby sacto-tt » Sat May 24, 2014 2:52 pm

The first USA-Europe TT Meet took place today in Berlin, Germany. The group started with a meet-n-greet in the Berlin Marriott lobby and then moved to the German Museum of Technology where the host, Joern, provided an in depth history of German railroading and chaired an extensive Q&A session. Everyone in the American contingent gave it sparkling reviews.

I would like to personally thank Joern for being such a gracious host and his family for putting up with me monopolizing virtually his entire afternoon.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Postby ConducTTor » Sat May 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Cool! How about a few pics of the fun so the rest of us can be jealous?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: AW: Berlin Hobby/Train Shops

Postby jpachl » Sat May 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Joe, I very enjoyed the afternoon we spent together! Hope, we will have an opportunity to continue our railroad discussions on one of my coming trips to the US!

Joern
jpachl

Postby j p » Sat May 24, 2014 5:48 pm

sacto-tt wrote:The first USA-Europe TT Meet took place today in Berlin, Germany. The group started with a meet-n-greet in the Berlin Marriott lobby and then moved to the German Museum of Technology where the host, Joern, provided an in depth history of German railroading and chaired an extensive Q&A session. Everyone in the American contingent gave it sparkling reviews.

I would like to personally thank Joern for being such a gracious host and his family for putting up with me monopolizing virtually his entire afternoon.

Suggested correction:
Replace "The first" by "My first".

The first USA-Europe TT meet took place probably in 1950s.
(and my first USA-Europe TT meet took place in in April in Williamsport, PA) :lol:
Good to read that you were happy with Joern.
j p

Postby sacto-tt » Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Hmmm, tongue-in-cheek humor lost. Oh well. As Elmer has stated numerous times, some things don't translate well.

I did have an opportunity to visit Michas Bahnhof - awesome store. A bit on the crazy side, stuff stacked floor to ceiling with organization taking a bit of a beating. :lol: Guys there were very helpful and I took the opportunity to purchase some Tillig TT flex track which will provide extra motivation to get something useful done regarding the TT expansion of my HO layout.

I've decided to incorporate my TT "layout" right into my HO layout. Part of the HO mainline will be dual gauge (via Tillig HO-HOm track and switches) and then the TT track will branch off of that and provide additional operational opportunities. I'm toying with making one of the mainlines completely dual-gauge, but the HO-HOm flex and switches are pretty costly so that may take a while. When I get a plan finalized, I'll post it in the layout section.

Other good news, Rob M finished the power chassis for F units and GP so things are looking good.
-Joe-
sacto-tt

Previous

Return to General Discussion