BCSME display -- Episode One

BCSME display -- Episode One

Postby CFRiad » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:02 pm

The first BCSME display for 2019 is scheduled for 22 and 23 June. We need to start planning. Voytek's five modules are now at my place and we can use them that weekend. I assume this will be the big dress rehearsal for Salt Lake City.
CFRiad

Re: BCSME display -- Episode One

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Set up will be Friday evening at 6 PM.

However because of the new loop that needs testing and the power module that needs proper debugging, I have asked if I can get in early on another night of the week.
It looks like Tuesday will be that night. I will be going to the park Sunday to verify this.
Due to a major lack of business, I have been getting off work early. I may be there as early as 5PM.

The plan is to set up enough of the layout to test the loop and power module.
Then when that works OK, maybe set up some of the rest of the display. We will see.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CFRiad » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:[...] because of the new loop that needs testing and the power module that needs proper debugging, I have asked if I can get in early on another night of the week. It looks like Tuesday will be that night.

I too will drop by Tuesday night. Since now I also have Voytek's modules, the stuff to bring exceeds the room in my VW Tardis. Tuesday would be the perfect time to bring some stuff over.
CFRiad

Postby dileTTante » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm

I'll be there, too. Please confirm when you are sure of the day.
- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:16 pm

dileTTante wrote:I'll be there, too. Please confirm when you are sure of the day.
- Terry C

We are good for Tuesday.
I hope to be off work early and get there by 5 PM.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby dileTTante » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:34 am

Tuesday evening saw a basic set up, mainly to test the new large return loop which Bill made. It worked well.

Friday evening Bill and Tibi prepared the layout for the display this weekend. Not included, mostly from space limitations, are my small TT modules and Voytek's large modules. But all are going to the national show.

My idea for a turntable in the return loop found approval from some visitors but Bill staked out the loop with the TT banner. It's animated now. With the door open the banner rotates in the breeze like a weather vane.

There was a private event at the outdoor park and in the evening we were fortunatel to be treated to burgers and other fare, eaten outdoors on a beautiful day.

- Terry C
Attachments
P1010370R.JPG
P1010373R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby CFRiad » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:40 pm

Today was a good day at the show. The crowds were not too big, we managed to test stuff, tweak, part, clean, etc.

The morning started with electrical problems. We jerry-rigged the power module and were able to run reasonably well.Tomorrow we will have to tweak the wiring to make it better.

Since we have a lot of equipment, switching from European to North American is not that easy any more. We decided to run a full day of European and to run North American tomorrow. As you can see from the photos, we are using the long staging yard to the fullest. The (very!) long tanker and container trains look really good.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

Bill tested his new Tillig diesel with new Busch freight cars. Terry's new Ludmila and Blue Tiger also had their day on the layout. I am Trying to make my E94 run at a reasonable speed. More research needed.

Off to bed now, tomorrow will be another long day.
CFRiad

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:23 am

Cool! Regarding the E94/BR194/254, there was apparently a ratio clusterfudge from the designer in the drivetrain. I've seen two fixes mentioned on the German board - different (higher rpm) motor or swapping the worm gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 pm

A quick post mortem.

The power managers still fail to work. After discussion about how much power the Z21 and booster put out, I wonder if it is too low for the circuits to work properly. More investigation before I scrap them.

Must spend more time setting up the layout properly. I was in a rush to get things going to test the new loop Tuesday night, I messed up three track joints which came back to haunt us the next two days.

We need a roving power connector that could be put anywhere between two modules.

I need to have better packing for my models. Sometime from Western Rails and this show, one of my boxes of equipment had too rough handling. Eight models had broken couplers. I will be fixing these at Salt Lake.

Despite these issues it was a good setup. A good test before Salt Lake.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:35 pm

Better broken couplers than broken models!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Return to Events