Back to back gauge

Back to back gauge

Postby Rich B » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:44 am

This is something I'd consider an essential tool, but I'm blowed if I can find out where to get one for TT. Can anyone help me find a gauge to buy?

Thanks
Rich B

Re: Back to back gauge

Postby tfc49 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 am

Rich,
if you are in the UK, you should contact 3SMR.co.uk, they sell back-to-back gauges for TT (12mm gauge), part number WBTBTT. Price is about GBP6.65 plus postage. See <http://www.3smr.co.uk/wheelstock.html> and scroll to nearly the bottom of the page.

I have no relationship with this supplier apart from being a satisfied customer.

By the way, if you are not already a member, have you considered joining the 3mm Society? 3mm scale (also known as TT-3) is the British version of TT with a scale of 1:101.6 (i.e. 3mm to the foot) and a track gauge of 12mm (or 13.5mm or 14.2mm for fine scale modelling). Membership brings access to a very wide range of kits and spares for locomotives, rolling stock and track not available to non-members, plus a very informative quarterly magazine "Mixed Traffic" containing inspirational articles, advice and hints & tips on modelling in 3mm scale. Contact the society at <http://www.3mmsociety.org.uk/> for more information.

Best wishes,
Melvyn Crabb (3mm Society member)
tfc49

Postby Rich B » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks Melvyn- I'd been looking through the online presence of the society thinking it would be something they'd sell, but without finding it. I'd likewise searched 3smr, but missed that page! I haven't joined the 3mm society owing to its British outline focus, I'm not really into kitbuilding either!

Cheers

Rich
Rich B

Postby scaro » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:33 am

Rich B wrote: I haven't joined the 3mm society owing to its British outline focus, I'm not really into kitbuilding either!

Cheers

Rich

does one need to be into british outline? the president models thai railways ...

for american or british TT there really isn't much choice except kits, i think.
Last edited by scaro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scaro

Postby The Fish » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 pm

The Fish

Postby Rich B » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:57 am

Ta for those, a track gauge is a useful tool to have too. I'm considering using Electric Avenue tram rail, though intended for H0 I think it's fine enough for TT.
Rich B

Return to Prototypes / Models