Assembling a Lok-n-Roll 50ft Boxcar

Re: Assembling a Lok-n-Roll 50ft Boxcar

Postby RodTT » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:31 am

Actually, today it feels pretty dry. Well, 98%. I can't tell whether the remaining 2% is the paint or my clammy hands, it being pretty humid here at the moment.
But I reckon I can apply decals. Then I intend to give it an all-over light brushing with powdered pastel for weathering, and it should be good to go.
RodTT
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Assembling a Lok-n-Roll 50ft Boxcar

Postby Richard-B » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Do you plan to overcoat the car and decals prior to pastels?
---------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
User avatar
Richard-B
 
Posts: 812
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: San Leandro, CA

Re: Assembling a Lok-n-Roll 50ft Boxcar

Postby RodTT » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Richard-B wrote:Do you plan to overcoat the car and decals prior to pastels?

Yes, with acrylic varnish. I usually apply matt but the current paint finish is satin and looks quite realistic, so I may try satin varnish instead. I think the weathering powder should adhere ok. The weathering will take some sheen off anyway.
RodTT
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Assembling a Lok-n-Roll 50ft Boxcar

Postby Richard-B » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Sounds like a plan!
We would all love to see photos when you finish...
---------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
User avatar
Richard-B
 
Posts: 812
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: San Leandro, CA

Re: Assembling a Lok-n-Roll 50ft Boxcar

Postby RodTT » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Richard-B wrote:Sounds like a plan!
We would all love to see photos when you finish...

Be careful what you wish for!
RodTT
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Assembling a Lok-n-Roll 50ft Boxcar

Postby RodTT » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Here it is pre-decal, before I ruin it. A nice (and probably non-prototypical) chestnut brown.
P1040870.JPG
RodTT
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: York, England

Previous

Return to Builders' Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests