HP Articulated's boiler?

HP Articulated's boiler?

Postby Murad » Wed May 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Could you tell me if this the HP 4-6-6-4 boiler?
It looks very diffirent to the boilers on the model...
Attachments
$(KGrHqFHJFQE-lYSjMSvBPqIZovwE!~~60_12.JPG
$(KGrHqFHJBME9!!+M!r0BP(VYyIKZQ~~60_57.JPG
Last edited by Murad on Wed May 09, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTB any of the HP Products locomotive parts
Murad

Re: Articulated boiler?

Postby richardedmonds » Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Certainly looks the right one to me, the big flat slot is taken up with a piece of bent brass on the complete model. In the picture the brass piece looks like part of the original casting. When I get some time in a day or so I will take some pictures of an unbuilt kit for you which might help.
richardedmonds

Re: Articulated boiler?

Postby Murad » Wed May 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Thank you!
And what about this part?
Attachments
111.jpg
Murad

Re: HP Articulated's boiler?

Postby Murad » Sat May 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Comparied this boiler to all the big steamers of HP hereon this forum, but found none similar to this boiler.. HELP!!
Murad

Postby richardedmonds » Sat May 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Murad what details do want to know about this boiler, it is not the same as the generic HP boilers it is longer for a start and purpose made for the 4-6-6-4. Let us all know what you want to find out and I am sure I or others will have the answers tomorrow I will post the pictures of an unmade kit for you which will help.
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Sat May 12, 2012 2:50 pm

A few pictures of the 4-6-6-4
IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Sat May 12, 2012 3:00 pm

A few points about the boiler
The boiler in the picture is a complete copy in whitemetal from an original HP boiler supplied to John Fisher by Larry Sayre and John Harmon. The boiler was cast in the UK and sent to America so that John Harmon and Larry sayre could complete kits from the available parts held by Larry sayre. The boiler in the photo is very well travelled. and here is the history. Cast in Norwich UK and sent to London from London to Larry in America from Larry in America back to me in london as a complete kit that is probably more miles than a real one travelled. If I can help any more please ask.
I included a picture of a 4-8-4 boiler to show how much bigger the 4-6-6-4 boiler is compared to the normal large HP boilers
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Murad as far as I am aware 3smr in the UK have all the old John Fisher moulds for the HP Boilers I am not sure as to whether or not the moulds are servicable or are in good enough condition to be used to copy some more. However the price of whitemetal now would be considerably more that the $30 or so that John used to charge for them. They are very heavy and postal costs would be excessive as well
richardedmonds

Postby richardedmonds » Sat May 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Heck you will be bored with me soon, Murad and Arseney there is quite a lot of old HP stuff somewhere in Russia, when I was collecting a number of years ago there was a prolific Russian chap who's ebay name now eludes me. On countless occasions I was sniped in the last second by him on a lot of locomotives and rolling stock and he must have a large collection now. I didn't see his name for years but maybe he is a visitor to this group or someone might know of him.
richardedmonds

Postby Murad » Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Thank you for your pictures!
All the stuff on the top of the boiler made me worry.. Now I have only one question left - what is the left stuff on the top of the boiler? It doesn't present on the complete model.
Murad

Next

Return to General Discussion