HP Articulated's boiler?

Re: HP Articulated's boiler?

Postby richardedmonds » Sat May 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Sorry Murad what do you mean about the left stuff on top of the boiler, I think you are talking about that loop of something in the picture you posted a few days ago. If that is correct then the answer is nothing. there is nothing on top of the boiler that would indicate anything of a loop of anything. I have a pretty much complete model 4-6-6-4 that was sent to peco in the uk back in the fifties it is the same as all pictures posted so far so I need to know what you are trying to find the exact detail of. Sorry if I sound offensive it it is not so Ijust need to know what you really need
richardedmonds

Postby Murad » Sun May 13, 2012 6:58 am

Ok =) I'll try to explain it again =) My english is not good anough so let's try it in pictures again. I wonder what is that "hill" on the top of the boiler marked RED on this picture. I compared these 3 boilers and they are pretty different =)
Attachments
2.JPG
WTB any of the HP Products locomotive parts
Murad

Postby j p » Sun May 13, 2012 7:57 am

Murad, have you tried to ask Google?
As far as I know HP Products 4-6-6-4 was not made after a specific prototype. That was OK in 1950 but maybe not OK now. So you'd either have to find a prototype which is close enough to the HP model or select a prototype you like the most and modify the model.
The boilers on the real 4-6-6-4 locomotives are not identical either.
Try to check the photos of 4-6-6-4 Union Pacific and 4-6-6-4 CRR (and/or other roads).
j p

Postby richardedmonds » Sun May 13, 2012 7:59 am

Murad firstly your English is superb and certainly a lot better than most English people write these days so sorry for the misunderstanding.

The extra hill as you call it is in fact just an extra sand dome that comes with the kit and is simply glued to the boiler. I don't know why it wasn't included in the original casting especially as the boiler can only be used on the 4-6-6-4. I would be interested to know if the red ringed version is an add on or is cast like the others

If you are desperate for a boiler I could try to make a resin copy of one for you if want however if you do then there might be some shrinkage to deal with. My boiler was a copy of the original so there is probably some slight shrinkage in that as well so a resin copy could end up quite a bit smaller and associated other parts might need adjusting to fit correctly.
richardedmonds

Postby Murad » Sun May 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Richard, thank you very much for your explanation!!!!
WTB any of the HP Products locomotive parts
Murad

Previous

Return to General Discussion