Arseny's layout

Re: Arseny's layout

Postby milwrd1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Good job!! The gradient is much more realistic now. Has anybody done a pull test with the SW1200 to see how many cars can be pulled / pushed on level track?
milwrd1

Postby MacG » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Do know my pull test?
Lok-n-Roll.de - we send worldwide :wink:
MacG

Postby Arseny » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 pm

gerhard_k wrote:Just for info, can you tell us what is the actual grade now, and also the radius of the curve? That will be helpful data for others (including me) who will be looking at this decision.

I used 310-mm radius for this curve.
As for grade - the "hill" is 6.5 cm high; and it is not quite horisontal; it raises up from 6 cm to 6.5 cm.
The slope starts 12 cm before the curve begin.
Arseny

Postby krokodil » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:40 am

Arseny wrote:

I reduced the gradient. The train of 6 cars goes ok.

I cannot see the video, just listen to the music. I think something is missing from your link.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Arseny » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:57 am

Arseny

Postby railtwister » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am

krokodil wrote:
Arseny wrote:

I reduced the gradient. The train of 6 cars goes ok.

I cannot see the video, just listen to the music. I think something is missing from your link.

I have noticed since I started using an iPad Air that I can no longer see videos posted on this site, yet if I can find the same video on the You Tube site, it will play without any problem. I noticed when posting this quote that there seems to be extra brackets (ie: "[" & "]") inserted into the link itself.

Why, or even if, this is a problem with just the iPad I can't say, since my desktop has lost it's DSL access to the web due to a poor connection in the phone lines somewhere between the pole in my backyard and the central exchange office at the phone company.

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby railtwister » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:18 am

Oddly enough, while I still am unable to see the video through Arseny's post, I'm able to see fit just fine using the quoted link in my previous post. Computers? Go figure!

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby milwrd1 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:52 pm

MacG wrote:Do know my pull test?

Thanks for the reference.
milwrd1

Postby railtwister » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:49 pm

railtwister wrote:Oddly enough, while I still am unable to see the video through Arseny's post, I'm able to see it just fine using the quoted link in my previous post. Computers? Go figure!

Bill in FtL

OK, this is just plain weird! It is now about 12 hours after the quoted post above, and I'm back to not being able to see the video in any of the previous posts, including mine! Then, when I go to post this message it asks me to log in again, which I do, and when I go back to retrieve this message and actually post it, I can see the video again. There is definitely something squirrelly going on with the log-in process for this site.

Alex, you're a pretty savvy computer guy, any ideas as to what the heck is going on with this?

Give me model trains over a computer any day of the week...

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby krokodil » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:06 am

I had similar problems when i started to use Ipad. The first issue in many forums, like this, if you want to insert a video link, the standard PC do not copy the http://, just the name (youtu.be/a15uLZ5j1To), while Ipad for some reasons copies the link with http: (http://youtu.be/a15uLZ5j1To), ie. You have finally the http://http://youtu.be/a15uLZ5j1To doubled, and the video does not work.
The other problem is the bandwidth between the ttnut forum and youtube. If this is not enough you will not see the video here, probably just the link ( or after some artistic :-) clicks you can find the original link), what when copied to your own youtube access will open the video.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans