Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:25 am

jmass has a new Tillig Nohab on sale on ebay - actually has been for a while. Starting price is $70 and nobody is ON this????

If my wallet wasn't in meltdown from developing various tt scaled "toys" I would have been ALL OVER IT last week when it was up for $90.

jmass - I hope you don't mind me posting this. I just CAN NOT believe that a brand new Tillig loco can't sell for less than a Benjamin. Crazy.

BTW, I'm talking about this http://cgi.ebay.com/tillig-tt-scale-noh ... 500wt_1156
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: Are you kidding me?

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

I am in the same boat as you - don't have the money, but can't beleive that it has not sold already. If it does not sell again, I will have to give jmass a shout and buy it direct - eBay fees are getting more and more ridiculous.
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby Arseny » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:32 pm

"Listed in category: Bread Crumb LinkToys & Hobbies > Model RR, Trains > N Scale ..."

"Ships to: United States "...
Arseny

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:14 pm

On the US eBay there is no sub-category for TT, s when I list my stuff, I use "Other". "Ships to: US" is definitely an issue, but if you are interested, it's always worth asking. I bought stuff from jmass before and he shiped it to Canada :)
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby CSD » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Mark
//S
CSD

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Go for it! Send him a PM, split the savings on eBay fees :)
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby Arseny » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:23 am

BTTB Fan wrote:On the US eBay there is no sub-category for TT, s when I list my stuff, I use "Other".

Yes, of course; I know. I already bought some stuff on Ebay (HP locomotive and some wagons). But they were in "Other" category, not "N scale" :)

Maybe there are no buyers because it is in the wrong category.

P.S. As for me, I prefer steam era. :) Also, there were no Nohab's in Russia. ;)

BTW, I wonder, if Nohab can be used as american locomotive? I've read that it was a licensed copy of EMD F7...
Arseny

Postby jmass » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:53 am

no problem alex. as of today i have one bid on the nohab. when i post for sale on ebay i also post the n scale and other. tt scale gets the shaft even on ebay. when i search for tt scale items i just type in tt trains or tt scale trains . really didnt want to sell it but lifes still a bit of a struggle. job market sucks!
jmass

Postby Marquette » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 am

Arseny wrote:BTW, I wonder, if Nohab can be used as american locomotive? I've read that it was a licensed copy of EMD F7...

Well, that's not wrong - except that the copy was only inside, the body was very different!

The only North American use I can see for a Nohab body, is to cut it up and build a BL2. At a stretch, you could /maybe/ use the body to help build a Milwaukee Road "Little Joe":

http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade