Another Shapeways modeller

Re: Another Shapeways modeller

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:05 pm

Guys, the designs are nice but can't be used for production. They are not manifold objects (think watertight solid). Sorry.

Btw, the errors are numerous - like thousands - so no easy fix.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Zs12 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:21 am

ConducTTor wrote:Btw, the errors are numerous - like thousands - so no easy fix.

That I've already suspected. :|

Meanwhile I also searched the net for drawings and blueprints and found a few. I'll see what I can do with it, but not now.

At first I would prefer to make an american truck like this, but with CAD and an older model: http://www.escalight.com/tutorials/3dsm ... art-1.html. I think, the TT market is big enough for a commercial production of russian GAZ69 and so!

> lüTTe
Zs12

Postby Arseny » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:39 am

lüTTe wrote:I think, the TT market is big enough for a commercial production of russian GAZ69 and so!

Agreed. But unfortunately, manufacturers do not produce it... :(

lüTTe wrote:At first I would prefer to make an american truck like this, but with CAD and an older model: http://www.escalight.com/tutorials/3dsm ... art-1.html.

I want to get american truck too.
I suggested GAZ-M1 and ZiS-110 because they are almost the copies of Ford Model B and Packard 180.

If you make Peterbilt, it would be great!

As for me, maybe we can make Federal truck using russian YaAZ... :)
Arseny

Postby CSD » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:38 am

Back on topic, tebee, I think that any North American passenger car you would produce would have interested parties. Although the freight car selection is growing there is not much going on in people moving. Perhaps if you tacked on a poll to this topic you could get an idea of how many people would be interested and in what. By the way, I think that box cab is charming.
Mark
//S
CSD

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models