CaTT's and Angry Sailor's Module Construction Photos

Re: Angry Sailor's Module Construction Photos

Postby CaTTwoman281 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:09 am

Arseny wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:I am looking for suggestions for themes/ideas for additional modules

Try to build "Bering Strait crossing" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bering_Strait_crossing ) - a hypothetical bridge or tunnel between the Chukotka (Russia) and Alaska.
If you build it, you can use Russian railroad stuff on your layout. :wink:

That brings in the problem of space and the fact that in real life, Russian trains use slightly wider track than NA trains do.

Nothing stopped us from running British TT, Swiss TT, Russian TT, and German TT along with North American TT at the 2013 National Train Show, so a bridge project like that will not make a difference.
Real Women Not Only Drive Diesel Trucks, They Drive Diesel Tractors!
CaTTwoman281

Postby j p » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:42 am

CaTTwoman281 wrote:
Arseny wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:I am looking for suggestions for themes/ideas for additional modules

Try to build "Bering Strait crossing" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bering_Strait_crossing ) - a hypothetical bridge or tunnel between the Chukotka (Russia) and Alaska.
If you build it, you can use Russian railroad stuff on your layout. :wink:

That brings in the problem of space and the fact that in real life, Russian trains use slightly wider track than NA trains do.

Nothing stopped us from running British TT, Swiss TT, Russian TT, and German TT along with North American TT at the 2013 National Train Show, so a bridge project like that will not make a difference.

Russian cars run in Europe without any problems. They get standard gauge trucks at the border terminals + they need a special car at each end because of the couplers (blue gondolas on the picture).
Here are some Russian cars in Czech:
j p

Re: CaTT's and Angry Sailor's Module Construction Photos

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:22 pm

How about an industrial scene?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: CaTT's and Angry Sailor's Module Construction Photos

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:50 am

ConducTTor wrote:How about an industrial scene?

How about a haggis factory?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Arseny » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am

CaTTwoman281 wrote:That brings in the problem of space and the fact that in real life, Russian trains use slightly wider track than NA trains do.

Yes, but it will add semi-realistic "legend" for your layout.

You can build not a big bridge, but only small part, or build tunnel portal only.

As concerns Russian gauge - of course, it causes some problems, but Russian cars get new trucks on the border stations and can travel to Europe.
BTW, if you look at Estonia, they use former Soviet locomotives and cars on Russian gauge and at the same time they purchased some used American locomotives (C30 and C36 if I am not mistaken). So it is not a great problem to change the trucks even on the locomotive.
And of course if such tunnel or bridge will be built one day, we'll have to use such stations to change the trucks somewhere on Alaska or Chukotka.

My mother travelled by train from Saint-Petersburg to Paris in 1980s. It was very funny when Polish workers declared a strike just in that moment when her car was raised up on the lifting jacks to change the trucks...
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Arseny wrote:My mother travelled by train from Saint-Petersburg to Paris in 1980s. It was very funny when Polish workers declared a strike just in that moment when her car was raised up on the lifting jacks to change the trucks...

Haha! That's awesome (sort of).
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby LVG1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Arseny wrote:My mother travelled by train from Saint-Petersburg to Paris in 1980s. It was very funny when Polish workers declared a strike just in that moment when her car was raised up on the lifting jacks to change the trucks...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And how much time did she have spend on the lifting jacks?
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Previous

Return to Layouts / Track Plans