CaTT's and Angry Sailor's Module Construction Photos

Re: Module Construction Photos

Postby BTTB Fan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 am

ConducTTor wrote:...I have a dog and a CRAZY cat who wants to destroy anyone who isn't me.

That explains a lot! :mrgreen: Still better than if the cat wanted to destroy only you! :twisted:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 pm

We have a cat that wants to destroy her former owner. The cat is an eight year old sweetie that absolutely LOVES me, dislikes Terry, and is indifferent to Nicholle. The neighbor would leave the cat outside for long periods of time, and due to her poor mousing skills, went hungry often, and would come crying at our door for food. Finally the cat came in during a cold snap and has not left.

The local authorities did not believe me when I called to report the neglect that cat has been subjected to, as according to local authorities, women are not capable of harming animals.

When the cat has gotten outside, she would come running if I made a clicking sound. The neighbor has asked about the cat, and I once handed her the cat back, only to have Tigger (the cat's name) thrown at me due to Tigger unleashing a clawed fury of the likes I have never seen before.

I have given that cat a bath several times, and she has yet to claw at me.
If it isn't obvious, I have a major soft spot for cats.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Here is some more work on the layout.

Portals have been installed for one of the overpasses. The other one will be a bridge of some kind.
ImageImage
AstroGoat760

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:13 pm

The overpass for the culvert is almost complete, all that is left is the addition of guard rails and scenic detail. The bridge is still in the design phase.
The 4'x6' section has received most of it's foam overlay, and marking laid for attachment to other modules. Final track plan is still in the air.
ImageImageImage
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:26 pm

C'mon man, I wanna see some trains running dammit!! :mrgreen:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:53 pm

I am still working out plans for the larger module, including how to interface another module to it, to have the assembled layout looking like an "L". The third module will be a single ended module that will include my turntable project - something that would make a pass through module difficult to pull off. I am not sure if I would attempt to bring the third module without the large module, but the interface edge will be designed with TTnut.com offsets in mind, and could feasibly act as an end section for a end to end layout.

Until I get word back from the Navy as if they are going to repair the present damages that make my life a living hell each day or if they are going to try to make me go back to a ship without repairs, I am going to hold on the construction of the third module.

Unless something drastic happens to me, I expect to have at least one loop on the larger section complete enough to run trains by the end of the month, then I can scrap the 30-plus year old warped plywood section that has served as my "portable" TT layout.
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:02 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:...........and could feasibly act as an end section for a end to end layout.........

I'll have one of those as well. Given our (TTers) rarity, they may become quite useful.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I just think it would be hard to make a turntable module easily work as a pass through module as well, without making it too wide to actually be able to work with (i.e. placing engines into roundhouse stalls without having to lean across the entire table, basically make it where I can work it without having to drink heavily to kill the pain afterwards.)
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 pm

I hear you. I've always wondered how people deal with deep layouts - I can't imagine not constantly breaking things along the front while trying to get to the back.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:04 pm

The old solution for me was to either have the 4'x8' layout accessible from all around, which wasted space, or in the case of my Lionel/Marx/American Flyer layout, build it so robust that you could stand on it, kneel on it to get locomotives/cars/scenery/cats/rats from the far side of the layout, Rat Bastard Sr., used to live on such a layout, he would jump down to the cat food bowl and eat next to the cats, and was litter box trained. You could not cage him up without him making a fuss and getting the cats involved. (To our 30 lb. Bengal tom cat, Rat Bastard was just another cat, and you did not want to make that cat mad. :twisted: )

My present S and O gauge layout is heavy duty, so you can stand on it, if you feel like whacking your skull on the ceiling....

Downside to that - little scenery, so in this case, the "7 P's apply: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!
AstroGoat760

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans