CaTT's and Angry Sailor's Module Construction Photos

Re: Module Construction Photos

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:24 am

I know, I have not broken that damn camera yet. Still have not decided on a good replacement that has the features I want. That and I spent a little more that I expected to on TT scale track, and parts and supplies for my Yard Tractors, as I am finishing up repairs and upgrades for this winter's use. (Finding a crack in the front cowling set me back about $100, and a few days work on it, only to find that a $6 tube of JB weld is what worked to fix the crack.)
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby TTSMR » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Are we gonna hafta take up a collection to get you a new camera!?
TTSMR

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:40 pm

TTSMR wrote:Are we gonna hafta take up a collection to get you a new camera!?

Nah, other things have taken priority for the moment, mainly trying to get my 1966 Ford yard tractor's repairs and upgrades done within the next week. Trying to repair the aluminum alloy that comprises the snout has proven to be rather frustrating. I have a spare snout, but it is for the 19671/2-19701/2model years, and hence would need some modifications, and since I have developed a tolerance for the painkillers that I am on, I have to be very slow and careful not to exert much force, lest the hernias blow out again, and that would be the best case scenario if I exert myself too much (I can not even pick up my son, who turns 3 in a couple of weeks.)

Considering that the old camera lasted from 2006-2009, that is an abnormally short camera lifespan, even if it is electronics. I still have my Apple IIgs, so that should show how much I care about being "up to date". I really wish that my first digital camera survived my first deployment, but Sony does not seem to make any electronics that are built to last for anything.

The Woodland Scenics HO roadbed seems to be a good fit as far as track work is concerned, even if a little bit from the center has to be sliced out.

I think I may defer further photographs of the layout to Nicholle and her camera (35mm, so it takes a lot longer to go from take picture to on computer).
AstroGoat760

Postby BTTB Fan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 pm

TTSMR wrote:Are we gonna hafta take up a collection to get you a new camera!?

I think we may have to. All those blurry photos make me think I am losing my vision! :shock: :wtf: :crazy:
Alexei
BTTB Fan

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:45 pm

The purchase of a new camera is high on the list right now.

The sorry thing about it all is, I am unable to tell if the picture is blurry or not most of the time. I think I may have the particular combination of medications that yield blurred vision figured out, hopefully they can actually put me on something that helps with the pain, but minimizes side effects.

One of the first things to be done after all photos are cleared off of the old camera is to smash it, and use the new camera to document the destruction. Photos of that to follow.
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm

AngrySailor302 wrote:One of the first things to be done after all photos are cleared off of the old camera is to smash it, and use the new camera to document the destruction. Photos of that to follow.

:lol:
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:02 am

Well, it looks like the camera decided to play nice today, I think tossing it against the wall did it some good.
Here is the 180' module after Nicholle took some paint to it today.
The river will be a bit narrower when complete, as we will be adding chunks of foam to smooth out the grade up and down. The paint is there primarily because Nicholle wanted to do it, and partially to cover all the pink foam so that if there are any bare spots in the ground cover, the base layer of foam does not show through.

The new house on the module:

The exposed pink area is where the road will go.

This is Peaches, the kitten that came up to us when we were photographing a passing Norfolk Southern freight train in Newnan, GA when I was on vacation:

And before anyone asks, she is afraid to attack Merlin the Third, as his grandpa, Rat Bastard IV showed her who is boss in the house (and still does to refresh her memory).
AstroGoat760

Postby CSD » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:14 am

Jeez, man. When you decide to get something done, it's full steam ahead! Looking forward to more pictures...

The animals: Hilarious.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby AstroGoat760 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:43 am

CSD wrote:Jeez, man. When you decide to get something done, it's full steam ahead! Looking forward to more pictures...

The animals: Hilarious.

I prefer the term: All Ahead Flank, Cavitate; expressed in Navy shorthand as AIII! or AIIIc. Basically the same thing as full steam ahead, but a little more complex as the propulsion plant spools up for full thrust, and levels out at rated power.

It's hard not to be a steam locomotive addict when you work(ed) with a high tech steam plant for a job.

The 4'x6' section is going to be prepped for it's foam work over the next few days. I just need to decide on a track plan for it. At this time, the plans are to make it such that it could support 2 trains on continuous operation independently of the 180' module and the planned roundhouse module.

If you like those pictures of the critters, then you will love this:
AstroGoat760

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:52 am

I think we may require a topic dedicated to pets :lol: I have a dog and a CRAZY cat who wants to destroy anyone who isn't me.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Layouts / Track Plans