American TT Wheelsets

Re: American TT Wheelsets

Postby richardedmonds » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm

RodTT wrote:Excellent - thanks very much one and all.

There are not many TT modellers in the UK, and even less modellers of US TT. You can probably count them on the fingers of one hand (or even on one finger). Maybe this post will flush a few of them out.

I modelled in British TT (3mm scale) for over a decade and after a few years with US HO, I can't resist going back to TT but sticking with US. I've discovered there is just about enough available - not cheap, but that should stop me buying too much (in theory at least!)

Hi Rod I am in the UK,not done much lately due to personal issues but still like to keep up with things American TT wise. I also do 3mm in 14.2 or at least attempt to.
Regards
Richard
richardedmonds

Postby Arseny » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 pm

RodTT wrote:There are not many TT modellers in the UK, and even less modellers of US TT. You can probably count them on the fingers of one hand (or even on one finger). Maybe this post will flush a few of them out.

One finger will not be enough. :)
richardedmonds is from London, UK
Arseny

Postby RodTT » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 am

richardedmonds wrote:Hi Rod I am in the UK,not done much lately due to personal issues but still like to keep up with things American TT wise. I also do 3mm in 14.2 or at least attempt to.
Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
Nice to be in touch. I'm aiming to build a small switching layout, similar to this one in HO, which I've just sold: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/newsforyou/yorkfordpa.htm
Whether I'll actually get that far remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful something will emerge in the coming months!
Cheers
Rod
RodTT

Postby richardedmonds » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:49 am

Rod that looks great. doing that in TT would be a big ask though. However given enough time and with some of the stuff available from shapeways it would be doable. That said it would be a lot of work and very time consuming. Where are you in the UK
Richard
richardedmonds

Postby RodTT » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Richard,
I'm in York.
My TT layout would have to be a very much pared down version of the HO one, and I'm only aiming at 40in. by 10. I won't be acquiring nearly as much stock. As for structures, I think I'd have to go for mostly downloadable card kits, with some scratchbuilding in plastic or resin to keep a 3D feel.
A couple of road vehicles from Shapeways should suffice...and a few figures from somewhere or other.
At least I have track! Plenty Peco HOm, likewise 3mm Society, but in either case I think the sleeper spacing would need reducing.
I spent 10 years modelling in British 3mm scale, pretty much doing things the hard way - and now I'm back there more or less!
As and when I really get going I'll start another topic.
RodTT

Postby richardedmonds » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am

As and when I really get going I'll start another topic.

Thats a good Idea Rod, apologies to everybody else for getting "off topic" in chatting to Rod in the first place
Richard
richardedmonds

Postby Sventton » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:47 am

Welcome to TT, again, Rod. I'm in York also, but Pennsylvania, though I travel through your fictional Yorkford to get to Rockwood, PA on occasion to get my bicycle on the Great Allegheny Passage bike trail of 155 miles, which follows the very active CSX (ex B&O) main line between Pittsburgh and Cumberland, MD. Looking forward to your new project.
Sventton

Postby Graandpa » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:57 am

For a good 10" x 40" TT Scale switching layout , Google Timesaver train layout

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Graandpa

Postby RodTT » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks all - I'll post updates on my layout progress on the topic I've opened specifically for it. Baseboard currently in the making.
RodTT

Postby RodTT » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 pm

Sventton wrote:Welcome to TT, again, Rod. I'm in York also, but Pennsylvania, though I travel through your fictional Yorkford to get to Rockwood, PA on occasion to get my bicycle on the Great Allegheny Passage bike trail of 155 miles, which follows the very active CSX (ex B&O) main line between Pittsburgh and Cumberland, MD. Looking forward to your new project.

I'd love to actually get over there one day and see these trains for real.

Maybe I should base my new layout in York, PA so I could put a few of those TT scale Harleys on display?
RodTT

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion