American garbage truck ?

Re: American garbage truck ?

Postby Arseny » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Yes, under-the-bed layout is a good idea, but I am afraid it will be too dusty under the bed...

In addition, my couch does not have enough space under it to place the layout there...
Arseny

Postby WillYart » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:57 am

It's not easy being a modeller with space constraints. I was mounting mine on the wall with a hinge, then the landlord forced me to tear it out. Wasted a lot of work.

Hmm, yes as it turns out under the bed is dusty, I've noticed dust as I've started working on the layout. Thinking about trying to resolve this by laying some very light (e.g. 0.5 mil) plastic sheeting on the layout when not in use. We'll see how that will work out. Running the portable air filter in here, too, might help.
WillYart

Postby Arseny » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 am

I live it the flat that belongs to my sister; I wonder, if my mother or sister would force me to remove the hingers... :think:
But I hope we'll move to new, our own flat soon, so maybe I'll get more place...

There is a great Russian book; "Railroad Models" (first published in 1988), authors suggest some ideas for lack of space for the layouts...

chapter_02.jpg
Any2FbImgLoader23.jpg
Any2FbImgLoader23.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 168 times
chapter_02-15.jpg
chapter_02-16.jpg

But I'm afraid to place the layout vertically. I love to put something on it. As minimum, road vehicles.

For the under-the-bed layout, maybe, plastic cover would be good. In any case it's better to use the plastic (or glass) cover even for the layout on the table.
Arseny

Postby TinGoat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

There are a lot of N-Scale Coffee Table layouts that fit anything from 18-inches x 18-inches up to 2-foot x 4-foot...

TT-Scale isn't that much bigger and you could squeeze a layout onto a Coffee Table with a glass top.

Perhaps a dining table could be used...
Happy Railroadin'
The Tin Goat
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Overlooking Fairbank on the Toronto Belt Line
Ontario, Dominion of Canada
====
The Ontario Narrow Gauge Show:
http://www.narrowgaugeontario.com
====
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog:
http://humbervalleysimcoerailway.blogspot.com/
====
"Do you mind being apathetic?"
TinGoat

Postby Arseny » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:36 pm

TinGoat wrote:There are a lot of N-Scale Coffee Table layouts that fit anything from 18-inches x 18-inches up to 2-foot x 4-foot...

TT-Scale isn't that much bigger and you could squeeze a layout onto a Coffee Table with a glass top.

Perhaps a dining table could be used...

Yes; when I was 10-years old, I used old dining table for my TT-railroad...

railwaybw1000.jpg
Arseny

Previous

Return to General Discussion