AllForge

AllForge

Postby dwyaneward » Thu May 05, 2016 8:14 am

Another avenue for low production injection molding for home hobbyist.

http://www.allforge.org

I could not find model size limitations, but looks like it could handle TT scale stuff.
Dwyane Ward | Fairview, TX
------------------------------------
My TT Scale Modeling Blog
Texas & Pacific - Bonham Division in N Scale
KD Models -3D Printing
dwyaneward

Re: AllForge

Postby Bernd » Thu May 05, 2016 8:32 am

Nice find Dwyane. There has been discussion on the forum last year in the Manufacturers/Retailers/Distributors section by me and Rob M on table top plastic injection. As a matter of fact I started to assemble parts for building a manual injection machine. Unfortunately with many other projects on the stove the injection molding project got shoved off the stove, so to speak. Don't know if you have access to that section. Right now I've taken on to many TT scale projects to even think about plastic injection.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby dwyaneward » Thu May 05, 2016 9:06 am

Bernd

I saw that thread back when.

This unit is currently out side of my hobby budget and I do not have space for another tool, but thought other would be interested.
Dwyane Ward | Fairview, TX
------------------------------------
My TT Scale Modeling Blog
Texas & Pacific - Bonham Division in N Scale
KD Models -3D Printing
dwyaneward

Postby Bernd » Thu May 05, 2016 10:15 am

dwyaneward wrote:Bernd

I saw that thread back when.

This unit is currently out side of my hobby budget and I do not have space for another tool, but thought other would be interested.

As I said, great find. I'm interested. I just did a quick scan of the website. Need to do a bit more in-depth study to learn more. From the quick glance at the machine, it looked quite sophisticated and would be a boon the Entrepreneur for starting a small plastic injection shop.

Bernd
Bernd

Postby Bernd » Thu May 05, 2016 10:54 am

Ok, just did a more in-depth search of the AllForge product. Right now it looks like the middle machine, Allforge Startup would be the machine to use. Here's a couple of quote's from the website.

What are the different models of the Allforge? We have three tiers of the Allforge. The Allforge Sweet, which can utilze your low temperature materials like chocolate, soap, candies, resins, and so forth. Then we have the Allforge Startup which can do everything the Sweet can plus includes a full injection screw setup to enable you to use a large variety of plastics under 650F. And lastly, we have the Allforge Boss which does all that the other models do, plus has a metal crucible that accepts metals up to 650F in standard form.

What can I we expect from the part quality on the Allforge machines? The parts depend highly on the mold used to produce them. If you use a 3D printed mold you will get the same layering effect that you get on the outside of 3D printed parts. If you want to make the 3D printed mold smoother, you can acetone vapor it or even sand them a bit to smooth them out. If you use aluminum or silicone molds, your parts can be very smooth. We personally really like the layered look but it depends on the application and your preference - it's your choice!

It's controlled through a "smart phone", which I'm not a proponent of. I need to find out more. There's not much information on molds. From there posts it looks like you can purchase molds. They did mention the use of 3D printer molds. They are very vague on this. I'm going to sign up on their forum to learn more. They also have a FaceBook presence which I'll follow for now to get more info.

I do like the idea of this machine but am usually leery when some information is lacking or they try to sell it as the next best thing to sliced bread. Will keep you guys updated.

Bernd
Bernd

Return to General Discussion