A Simple Handout

Re: A Simple Handout

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 pm

railtwister wrote:
ConducTTor wrote:
Bill Dixon wrote:If you had a club sticker.....

:think:

If you have a club. This is TT, remember, and how many TT clubs are out there, especially in the US? I can think of one, maybe two, though I can't recall their names, and I believe they are not exclusively or even primarily TT. Do we have a place here on TT nut to list clubs that feature TT scale?

Bill in FtL

I do not know if there are any Official Clubs but certainly there are small groups.
Here we are unofficially -"The Pacific Northwest TT-Scale Modellers" but I am thinking about changing to the Vancouver Area TT-Scale (VaTTs to match Alberta). The Edmonton group calls themselves the Royal Alberta TT-Scale Modellers - RaTTs for short.
You don't have to be a formal club to have a name.

On the back of my mini handouts I will have the event name and the TT-Tracks web site.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:46 pm

My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby railtwister » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:58 pm

I realize my post might have sounded a bit snarky to some, but that is not how it was intended. When I said club, I was thinking more in terms of the traditional model railroad club with members, officers, perhaps a layout, either permanent or modular, etc. Depending on your definition, TTNut-dot-com could be either a club or a special interest group. Of course, it's already on the front of the handout. By the way, I really like the color samples, I think adding the color somehow makes them look a bit more "official".

Bill in FtL
railtwister

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:19 pm

railtwister wrote:I was thinking more in terms of the traditional model railroad club with members, officers, perhaps a layout, either permanent or modular, etc. Depending on your definition, TTNut-dot-com could be either a club or a special interest group.

I think we should be very flexible on the definition "club". There aren't enough of us to justify being picky. Having said that, each club that adds themselves to the list should define exactly what they do - "we run a layout" vs. "we're buddies online and met at a show once".
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Rob M » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:21 pm

I like the idea of the business cards for handing out at shows but I would suggest maybe getting them done by VistaPrint. They offer 250 for $10 (plus shipping?). For that price it would be worth it to not have to cut them out yourself.

Another idea might be to get some card holders and see if your local train shop would let you put it on their checkout counter.
Rob M

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Rob M wrote:Another idea might be to get some card holders and see if your local train shop would let you put it on their checkout counter.

GREAT idea!
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion