A shift of priorities

A shift of priorities

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 am

In starting this site, my hope was to create a true TT scale community in the US. Therefore, it was my intent that the very few manufacturers / dealers of TT in the US would become involved in this website and they would have the only exposure allowed on the site. Contacting those entities has resulted in either no response or a generic response with no follow up. So it is only natural that I shift priorities slightly to serve the TT community better and offer options outside of North America.

The following will be added to the 'Links' topic:

https://www.modellbahnwelt24.de/ - Modellbahn World - online store in Germany. The site is available in English when you click on the US flag on the top right corner AND when you register your address as being in the US, you don't have to pay the EU VAT tax. Your price for items is reduced by roughly 19%

http://www.miniaturmodelle.net - Miniature Modell - online store in Croatia(?). Site is in English and offers models from Kruger, TT-Model and, Peresvet.

http://www.modeltrain.cz - Model Train - online store in the Czech Republic (available in English if you click the British flag in the top left corner) which offers some Eastern European models you won't find anywhere else. By the way, this is where I found my Tillig FP7 :mrgreen: .

As I come across more international sites worthy of being mentioned, I will post them.

- ConducTTor
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: A shift of priorities

Postby jmass » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 am

as far as are us manufactures go they seem to think that tt scale is an idea that came and went. but yet z scale and smaller is embraced by many modelers. i certainly mean no disrespect to the folks that model in these scales, but having modeled in n scale for two years i went bugeyed with the size of the equipment. i was thinking of writing a letter to the folks at mth who are upstarts in the world of o gauge trains and have a dcs system thats about as easy to use as pie. it would be a company like that that might be wiiling to take a chance as opposed to atlas or athearn that are to set in thier ways.
jmass

Postby Arseny » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:07 pm

http://www.miniaturmodelle.net - Miniature Modell - it is not Croatia, but Latvia

Whoops! Thanks.
Arseny

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:09 pm

jmass wrote:as far as are us manufactures go they seem to think that tt scale is an idea that came and went. but yet z scale and smaller is embraced by many modelers. i certainly mean no disrespect to the folks that model in these scales, but having modeled in n scale for two years i went bugeyed with the size of the equipment. i was thinking of writing a letter to the folks at mth who are upstarts in the world of o gauge trains and have a dcs system thats about as easy to use as pie. it would be a company like that that might be wiiling to take a chance as opposed to atlas or athearn that are to set in thier ways.

I have no issue with the big manufacturers. It's only natural for them not to be interested due to the small amount of TTers here. There would have to be a revolution for them to get involved. As much as we would like to think otherwise, TT IS a cottage industry and it IS a very niche scale. The point of all this is to provide a meeting place for the TTers that do exist and to attempt to grow the community. Until some growth has been achieved no one will care. My issue is with the few shops who DO currently offer TT items. Logic would dictate that they would be interested in a site like this - by supporting the community and helping to grow it, they would ultimately be increasing their own customer base. Where I come from that's good business sense.

Whatever. Forward we go :twisted:
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby jmass » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:36 pm

tt scale is certainly a scale unto itself. thats part of the fun of it. it is a shame producers of tt equipment dont see the benefit of droping a line in a forum that is really interested as opposed to putting merchandise on ebay where its hit or miss.
jmass

Postby CSD » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:32 pm

I would like to suggest a couple of sites to add.

1. http://www.hobby-shop.cz/cz/index.php - A czech site with good pricing and many hand made and small producer items. They have an english page as well.

2. http://www.modellbahnshop-sebnitz.de/ - A german site (somehow connected with Tillig I think) that has many TT producers and exclusive models on it. Unfortunately, only in German. Click on TT at the top of the page to see the manufacturers.

Just insure when buying from european sites that you do not get charged VAT (19% tax) if outside of the EU.
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:27 pm

CSD, the first link has been added. Modelbahnshop Sebnitz however I will not add. I've contacted them several times with payment and shipping questions and never got a reply. Not useful.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby anotherTTnut » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:16 am

Hello ConducTTor, you right about Modelbahnshop Sebnitz as they will only send items within Germany. Thats why you dont get a response.... So if you know anybody within Germany, any purchase over 50 Euro is free shipping :mrgreen: By the way, if you ever need somebody to translate from german I could be of assistance as a exile German (currently located in Canada, Edmonton, Alberta) :thumbup:
Here is a link to the most important TT scale magazine in Germany http://www.tt-modelleisenbahn.de/ it is definitely one of my biggest sources of information as this magazine is been send to me on a regular basis by my Family members back in good old Germany. Check out some of the links, unfortunately it is all in german but it never hurts to try it out! :grin:
anotherTTnut

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:24 am

Oh man, I've wanted that magazine for a long time. Unfortunately when I enquired about a subscription, I received no response :?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby anotherTTnut » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 am

They do offer subscription outside of Germany for 69 Euros, I have to say do that a lot of times when you send a inquiry in english to some companies in Germany, you will not get a response for the simple fact that you probably dealing with an older gentleman who is not fluent in english and hence no response! I could inquire for you, lets see what kind of response i get in german???
anotherTTnut

Next

Return to Links