A possible project...

Re: A possible project...

Postby chrishappe » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 am

CN bought the London and Port Stanley and painted the two G-12's red and black with the CN noodle on the sides. The CN Newfoundland locos were 3' 6" narrow gauge G-8's which actually look the same as the G-12's. Or at least I can't tell the difference. When I built my Etchcetera G-12 I made it narrow gauge and painted it like the Newfoundland G-8 locos in the old green and gold scheme. It has an N gauge diesel under it which makes it the correct 3' 6" gauge. The body is an etched brass kit that requires folding and soldering together but it makes a beautiful loco. There is a picture of mine in Chris' diesels.
chrishappe

Postby Marquette » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 am

In the Pere Marquette Revenue Freight Cars book there is a photo of one of those Nfld. G8s on a PM flat car.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Postby Zs12 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:44 am

scaro wrote:One of the Canadian interurbans, the London & Port Stanley, also rostered G12s which you most likely know already ; the EtchCetera NZ120 kit should be right.

http://www.davesrailpix.com/odds/on/htm/lps18.htm

Has anyone (Chris?) ever built an EMD G8 based on the NZ120 G12 kit? I'm looking for a model that exactly looks like the shown!
Zs12

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm

lüTTe wrote:
scaro wrote:One of the Canadian interurbans, the London & Port Stanley, also rostered G12s which you most likely know already ; the EtchCetera NZ120 kit should be right.

http://www.davesrailpix.com/odds/on/htm/lps18.htm

Has anyone (Chris?) ever built an EMD G8 based on the NZ120 G12 kit? I'm looking for a model that exactly looks like the shown!

For most of the body and cab, it looks similar to a BTTB 8 wheel diesel that I have that has a damaged shell. Looks like a neat engine to attempt to build......
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models