a nice layout

Re: a nice layout

Postby j p » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm

You can either make your own bedding track segments with better Tillig turnouts (EW3) or use Star Line bedding track with HP rails and turnouts :smile:
j p

Postby Arseny » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm

jmass wrote:Arseny, mountains and rivers are great but im more into industrial areas with a lot of warehouses and a whole lot of switching. i like operations as opposed to just running trains around a layout.

Me too. But the layout I was talking about is a coal mining area including some industry.
In fact it has almost the same tracking plan but it seems that you have a great country on the table..

Postby railtwister » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Marquette wrote:Well then if my earlier info isn't wrong, blame Kato - I've been told they make the bedding track for Tillig.

True enough, but I believe Tillig most likely specified that everything in the new bedding track match the geometry of their existing track pieces to insure compatibility throughout their line. Track with built-in roadbed is very good for beginners and train sets, which is probably why they haven't made any large radius turnouts yet.

Bill in FtL

Postby CSD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm

railtwister wrote:... Track with built-in roadbed is very good for beginners and train sets...

Not only that. I'm using the bedding track in my staging yards. It goes down quick, has a nice finished look for the sections that won't have scenery and can be modified and used again without any damage.

Return to Layouts / Track Plans