A new pamphlet

A new pamphlet

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:33 pm

Hey guys, I've wanted to do this for a long time and after all the shows this past weekend I got inspired and did it. Below is the tentative pamphlet (I need to get permission from image and text owners). My thought about this is that we have to make it easy for people to get into TT. So the premise here is: What is it? Why? How? - answer these questions as quickly and easily as possible.

Shown are the front and back covers and, the inside pages. It would be printed on a standard 8.5" X 11" paper on both sides and folded down the middle.

TT Nut pamphlet.png

TT Nut pamphlet inside.png
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Re: A new pamphlet

Postby modorney » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:39 am

Looks good!!

Should we refere to the wikipedia page?
modorney

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:42 am

Nah, there's a lot more info here than there. Plus everybody already knows wikipedia.

Also, my aim is to keep things as simple as possible. I don't to overwhelm with "stuff" just for the sake of it. Bare bones, to the point.
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:08 am

As a suggestion, first impression is the same picture in different sizes and it takes another mental step to understand that they represent the scales. I would do something to emphasize the TT loco in the middle, by diminishing the other ones. Could be by making the HO and N ones in black and white leaving the TT one in colour, or lighten the colour of the HO and N in relation to the TT. Or perhaps just move the images apart a little bit to put the TT loco front and centre.

I hate to say anything because the artwork looks very good as is.

-Terry C.
dileTTante

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:01 am

Thanks Terry. I actually played around with something like that - the ho and n were very slightly out of focus. But then I decided that it's better to promote the scale on merit alone without gimmicks. It doesn't feel sleazy that way.

Sent using Tapatalk - now Free
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:20 am

I just decided on a completely different back cover but it's getting late so I'll do it tomorrow.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby j p » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:04 am

Two comments to the text: is there any special reason for mentioning HP's 2-8-8-2 articulated? The largest HP's model was 4-8-8-4 articulated.
Last paragraph: TT was never the smallest scale, H00 scale (1/150) by Micro-Trains was manufactured in 1944-1950, H00 never became very popular though.
j p

Postby CN-TT » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:18 am

@Bill Dixon, please post your pamphlet here! So we can join forces and maybe create a single pamphlet.
The folding pattern of Bill's pamphlet is a bit more appealing to me but I like ConducTTors QR codes!
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby CSD » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:30 am

I think it looks great. Thanks for putting me in there.
Mark
//S
CSD

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:55 am

Complete redesign of the back cover:

TT Nut pamphlet.png
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion