A new pamphlet

Re: A new pamphlet

Postby LVG1 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:20 pm

I think, taking one photo of a locomotive and printing it in different sizes is not a good idea. It looks like poeple want to hide something.
In my opinion, it would be better to find equivalent locomotives in all three scales and putting them beside each other in one photo. It also makes the differences in details more obvious.
"Let's eat, grandpa."
Punctuation marks save lives!
LVG1

Postby milwrd1 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Also, my aim is to keep things as simple as possible. I don't to overwhelm with "stuff" just for the sake of it. Bare bones, to the point.

Yes, keep the introductory info as simple as possible. What it is and where to obtain equipment are essential. Demonstrating the relative size to HO and N scale equipment is equally important.....as all are aware, in North America, many don't even know that TT scale exists!! Good job on the proposed pamphlet, ConducTTor!!
milwrd1

Postby jmass » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:41 pm

The pamphlet is a great idea. However, the top picture of track is actualy kato n unitrack. You might want to substitute that with tillig bedding track which uses kato railjoiners.
jmass

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:06 pm

LVG1 wrote:In my opinion, it would be better to find equivalent locomotives in all three scales and putting them beside each other in one photo. It also makes the differences in details more obvious.

I agree with this. I just don't have the different scale locomotives.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the ruling class know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:07 pm

jmass wrote:The pamphlet is a great idea. However, the top picture of track is actualy kato n unitrack. You might want to substitute that with tillig bedding track which uses kato railjoiners.

The picture is taken directly from Tillig's site :)
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby dileTTante » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:26 pm

I wouldn't recommend Tillig bedding track to anybody, just because the turnouts are so, so, oh I don't want to say. And the Kuehn start set track is available from Zeuke. But you can't please everybody so I have no complaints. Anything that leads into TT is worthwhile.

I didn't take the opportunity to examine Bill Dixon's version of a new brochure, but it uses legal size paper instead of 81/2 x 11 inch. It likely has more detailed useful information so is a worthwhile companion handout.

-Terry C.
dileTTante

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Isn't 8.5 by 11 the standard size of paper? What's "legal" size?
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 am

dileTTante wrote:I wouldn't recommend Tillig bedding track to anybody, just because the turnouts are so, so, oh I don't want to say. And the Kuehn start set track is available from Zeuke. But you can't please everybody so I have no complaints. Anything that leads into TT is worthwhile.

I didn't take the opportunity to examine Bill Dixon's version of a new brochure, but it uses legal size paper instead of 81/2 x 11 inch. It likely has more detailed useful information so is a worthwhile companion handout.

-Terry C.

Legal size is 8 1/2 x 14.
Here is a copy of my new handout.
The pictures could be better but they give you a good idea of what I am trying to do.
The full sized SW900 and box car will give the reader a good idea of the actual size of TT-Scale equipment.
Attachments
20150103 TT Scale Handout 1.pdf
(835.24 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Arseny » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:04 am

As I know, "legal" size is 8.5" × 14" = 215.9 mm × 355.6 mm

The U.S., Canada and Mexico use a different system of paper sizes compared to the rest of the world. The current standard sizes are unique to that continent. :lol:
Arseny

Postby gerhard_k » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:38 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:Here is a copy of my new handout.
The pictures could be better but they give you a good idea of what I am trying to do.
The full sized SW900 and box car will give the reader a good idea of the actual size of TT-Scale equipment.

Bill - That is a great summary of the important aspects of TT scale, with enough detail to answer most questions.
I hope you and Alex can get together on a common "official" handout.

- Gerhard
Sometimes you win... sometimes you learn.
gerhard_k

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion