3SMR TT trucks and other products

Re: 3SMR TT trucks and other products

Postby scaro » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:16 pm

richardedmonds wrote:Thats the thing Ben, I asked about it so many times even harking back to when John was alive. At first Mal said he would sell a fret to me, that changed and he said the metal was too hard and had to be re-etched, that changed to him wanting to sell a complete kit, that changed to whenever he got the time to do it as he was busy with other things.
I asked but then gave up as I still feel it will never see the light of day, it is to minimal for Malcolm to invest any effort into it, we would do better to explore other avenues. That said there is already discrepencies as to what type of RS it is anyway so my thoughts are to bite the bullet and start again from scratch. If Norkin is unfavourable then we should try someone else we only need drawing skills after all.

I was talking to 3SMR at an exhibition today and apparently one can now order etched frets of GP7s, RS2s, E and F units. There is a picture of them on the TT_IMS list, I linked to it earlier in the thread.

On other things, the cast trucks and ladders and other parts are now getting pretty good. I was rather impressed.

I did get a set of the Blomberg trucks but be warned that they are about 2mm longer than prototype, and given most of the model trucks people are using are nearer 22mm, they are not going to be that much use. I bought a set to use for my own masters.

Ben
scaro

Postby areibel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:34 pm

I still don't see them on his website, is he going to be putting them up on there?
areibel

Postby scaro » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:24 pm

He was trying to look on his mobile and find a shot of them on his site. I assume there is one there somewhere, seeing as he was looking for it, but I can't find it either. As he says it is available, I suppose I'm just going to try to order one and see how it goes.
scaro

Postby richardedmonds » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:04 am

Let me know how you get on Ben I will follow if you get any joy
richardedmonds

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:47 am

I cannot seem to find any information on the etched frets so far. Are they still in development?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby scaro » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 am

if you look up this thread you can see a picture of the fret in the TT_IMS yahoo group. richard is correct to be wary but if folk start asking for them it gives him inspiration to produce, and he has at least said to me that it can be ordered.
scaro

Previous

Return to Prototypes / Models