2019 Vancouver Train Expo

2019 Vancouver Train Expo

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:08 am

The 2019 Vancouver Train Expo (VTE) is coming fast.
It is the weekend before Remembrance Day: Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th.
Setup will be the afternoon of Friday the 8th. I do not have the time yet.

I originally submitted a 40' x 15' layout on 12 tables.
The latest communication from the VTE has asked if any of the layouts have space to release as they have more layouts they would like to get into the show.
As a result I have submitted a revised 37' x 16' display on thirteen tables. If they accept this I hope they do so soon enough to order another table cover.
I will probably be working most of Saturday, with I hope for time off to run a bit.
Sunday I hope to have more time for the display.
I expect we will do dinner every evening unless something comes up.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: 2019 Vancouver Train Expo

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Our Friday Load in time is 1:30 PM.
I will be there. Hope to see you all around that time.

On another note, my main Windows 7 computer has developed errors on its main drive and is currently half down. I can access most things by booting off of a Linux USB stick so I am backing up files.
I am receiving e-mails on my main address (wrdixon@telus.net) on this computer and can access all other addresses by web mail.
However anything received before Sunday is locked in the old box and is currently un accessible. So is my address file.
If you sent me an important e-mail recently that I have not responded to, invoices to be paid, DHL tracking numbers etc., please resend.

Happily nothing on the borked drive is needed for his weekend.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CFRiad » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:Our Friday load in time is 1:30 PM. I will be there. Hope to see you all around that time.

OK-panic.png

My calendar at work is full for Friday afternoon. The earliest I can be there is 5:00 pm. Darn. Alternatives to my stuff arriving late:
  • drop off two boxes with the mainline modules at CH on Thursday night, with the yard and the rest of the stuff coming with me late on Friday.
  • leave the loaded car at CH on Friday morning if somebody can drive it to the show (it's a stick) and I can take the bus after work.
  • drop off spare car keys at CH on Thursday and leave the loaded car at the PNE on Friday morning. Can I park there all day Friday?
Other ideas?
CFRiad

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:46 am

CFRiad wrote:
Bill Dixon wrote:Our Friday load in time is 1:30 PM. I will be there. Hope to see you all around that time.

OK-panic.png

My calendar at work is full for Friday afternoon. The earliest I can be there is 5:00 pm. Darn. Alternatives to my stuff arriving late:
  • drop off two boxes with the mainline modules at CH on Thursday night, with the yard and the rest of the stuff coming with me late on Friday.
  • leave the loaded car at CH on Friday morning if somebody can drive it to the show (it's a stick) and I can take the bus after work.
  • drop off spare car keys at CH on Thursday and leave the loaded car at the PNE on Friday morning. Can I park there all day Friday?
Other ideas?

I am not sure how much spare space I have in the van. Dropping of the shims and two boxes of mainline modules at the store Thursday is probably the best idea. Will be a more fun job loading Thursday night but I should be able to make it work.

What about Voytek and his modules?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CFRiad » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:50 am

Bill Dixon wrote:What about Voytek and his modules?

Voytek has his modules. I haven’t been in touch with him, so I don’t know his schedule.
CFRiad

Postby dileTTante » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:21 am

Graeme and I can pick up items left at the store on our way to show set up. I'm not sure of his arrival in Vancouver but I think we can be at show set up early afternoon. I have notified Graeme about set up time but haven't had a reply yet.

Voytek called Monday AM about set up but I had no information about it then. I e-mailed him about set up being 1:30 PM but have no reply yet. He said he has re-done the one sharp curve at the end of his modules. I didn't think to ask if track alignment at the end remains the same.

Probably I'll have replies from Graeme and Voytek by Tuesday morning.

Is there a proposed track plan?

- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:42 am

dileTTante wrote:Is there a proposed track plan?

- Terry C

I had several on the uncooperative computer.
I have extracted them to a USB drive and will post them from work tomorrow.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby dileTTante » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:26 am

CFRiad wrote:[*]drop off two boxes with the mainline modules at CH on Thursday night, with the yard and the rest of the stuff coming with me late on Friday.
Graeme and I can pick up these two boxes. Maybe more. We can do this on the way and be at set up around 1:30PM.
For set up we need to bring only the power supply and a box of modules. Depending on the layout maybe my modules aren't needed. There's room in the car for a few more items if that helps.
-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:49 am

Bill Dixon wrote:
dileTTante wrote:Is there a proposed track plan?

- Terry C

I had several on the uncooperative computer.
I have extracted them to a USB drive and will post them from work tomorrow.

I would have posted them today, . . . but I took the wrong USB drive to work. It doesn't help when you have three identical USB drives. One has Unbuntu 18 on it and is what I use to access the computer drives without booting windows. The one I took today is labelled TT and you would think the files are on it. Nope. The one labelled "G" for games has the files.

I have the right one now and barring stupidity it will go to work with me tomorrow.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:53 am

dileTTante wrote:
CFRiad wrote:[*]drop off two boxes with the mainline modules at CH on Thursday night, with the yard and the rest of the stuff coming with me late on Friday.
Graeme and I can pick up these two boxes. Maybe more. We can do this on the way and be at set up around 1:30PM.
For set up we need to bring only the power supply and a box of modules. Depending on the layout maybe my modules aren't needed. There's room in the car for a few more items if that helps.
-Terry C

We will need your modules. If Richard comes (he is supposed to let me know today) his modules are out of service so will not be coming.

Starting to look like Saturday night dinner for me is out. Something else is dragging me away. Includes free beer and dinner.
Oh well we will make sure to go out Friday night.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Next

Return to Events