2019 Vancouver Train Expo

Re: 2019 Vancouver Train Expo

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:39 pm

voyttek wrote:This is so good to hear, that our exhibit was well received and appreciated by the organizers.
We can sure use some money for table covering as this makes our layout more professionally looking.
I was also thinking that maybe we should figure out a simple protection to keep “junior engineers” from rearranging the layout and grabbing trains or switching turnouts.
If that is not possible maybe we should create a “piggy bank” to help offsetting costs of repair of damaged stock. Good to know that there is some money coming our way.

Bill, as for your dinner suggestion, as you know, I live far away and the five hour drive, one way, (if the weather cooperates) is not an option. The only way I could participate would be around the next Exhibit.

Hi Voytek

We have considered plastic screens for some modules. We haven't yet determined a good fastening and transport method. Still thinking about it.

I will make sure there is enough for a beer and a meal for you then next time you come down.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:49 pm

Richard-B wrote:
voyttek wrote:as for your dinner suggestion, as you know, I live far away and the five hour drive, one way, (if the weather cooperates) is not an option. The only way I could participate would be around the next Exhibit.
Ditto...
except I'm 3-1/2 times as far away... (Far - Far - Far ???)

Rather than dining off the well-deserved honorarium...
It might be worthwhile to consider a set-aside for future travel costs to another NMRA National !
(Hint - Santa Clara 2021?)

Distance, no big deal. You can buy us dinner when we come down.<G>

As to expenses for Santa Clara, we should have three BCSME setups and one VTE before Santa Clara. That should be enough to pay for the trailer, some gas money and more.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby dileTTante » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:We have considered plastic screens for some modules. We haven't yet determined a good fastening and transport method. Still thinking about it..
Tried plastic screens fastened to the modules. I still have them. Children grabbed the plastic and dislodged the modules. Think up some other idea, please. So far, wide margins between layout and table edges have worked best. Mark (CSD) favoured cattle prods.
- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 am

dileTTante wrote:Mark (CSD) favoured cattle prods.

Perhaps razor wire and an electric fence would help... :lol:
In all seriousness, I find that barriers and distance help a lot with keeping errant hands off of layouts.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Marquette » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 am

Bill Dixon wrote:
Bill Dixon wrote:
Marquette wrote:Well, I could use the practice with scenery work, I could "adopt" a module or two?

Sounds like a good idea. I'll dig a basic straight module out for you.
Will let you know when it is ready to pickup at the store.

Hi Marquette

I will have a module for you at the store tomorrow (Tuesday).

Cool, I'll try to make it during the week but due to my work schedule and geography it'll most likely be Saturday that I can make it out there.
http://espeett.blogspot.com - The SP in 1:120 - my attempt at a blog
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Marquette

Previous

Return to Events