2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: 2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby dileTTante » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:12 am

AstroGoat760 wrote:For those that are going to the 2019 NTS, would it be helpful if I made up a few hundred of these pamphlets, folded them up, and mailed them to one of y'all to take with to the show?
That is a very generous offer. You probably could save postage by mailing them to Richard Brennan or Mike ODorney in California rather than to us in Canada. And it might be cheaper to send them as flat sheets. I'm happy to fold them at the show.

However, with all due respect, I'd like to see revisions. For example, I know everyone reveres HP Products but I think it doesn't look good promoting TT with a picture of a model locomotive which is more than 60 years old. Furthermore, the list of suppliers could better reflect the ones who advertise on TTNut. Clover House, Euro Train Hobby, and Fast Tracks are not on the list, for example.

For graphic appeal and easier folding I favour this one-
tt-nut-s-event-pamphlet-t2740.html

It has a better list of suppliers.
On the other hand, we have plastic holders for dispensing the 3-panel pamphlets.
I have nothing better to offer. Once I had all the pamphlets archived but that hard drive failed.
Perhaps a compromise is for you to print the 3 panel ones, and we can do the half sheet ones.

- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby RodTT » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:38 am

I think it's great to be advertising the scale in this way, and I'd be happy to print off a few of these leaflets to take to my forthcoming shows here in the UK, but given the non-existence of RTR locos for the foreseeable future, is it worth mentioning that locos are essentially DIY jobs, of course with help from people on this forum?
RodTT

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 am

dileTTante wrote:
AstroGoat760 wrote:For those that are going to the 2019 NTS, would it be helpful if I made up a few hundred of these pamphlets, folded them up, and mailed them to one of y'all to take with to the show?
That is a very generous offer. You probably could save postage by mailing them to Richard Brennan or Mike ODorney in California rather than to us in Canada. And it might be cheaper to send them as flat sheets. I'm happy to fold them at the show.

However, with all due respect, I'd like to see revisions. For example, I know everyone reveres HP Products but I think it doesn't look good promoting TT with a picture of a model locomotive which is more than 60 years old. Furthermore, the list of suppliers could better reflect the ones who advertise on TTNut. Clover House, Euro Train Hobby, and Fast Tracks are not on the list, for example.

For graphic appeal and easier folding I favour this one-
tt-nut-s-event-pamphlet-t2740.html

It has a better list of suppliers.
On the other hand, we have plastic holders for dispensing the 3-panel pamphlets.
I have nothing better to offer. Once I had all the pamphlets archived but that hard drive failed.
Perhaps a compromise is for you to print the 3 panel ones, and we can do the half sheet ones.

- Terry C

I have been mulling a more "modern" TT Scale pamphlet for years now. Nicholle (CaTTwoman281) made a simpler-to-fold pamphlet on TT Scale about a decade ago. I can always ask her to update hers as well.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby dileTTante » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:26 pm

RodTT wrote:given the non-existence of RTR locos for the foreseeable future, is it worth mentioning that locos are essentially DIY jobs, of course with help from people on this forum?
This is the unpleasant reality of N. American TT, and I myself have been guilty of pointing out this negative aspect in conversations at train shows. There's no need to emphasize the lack of locomotives, either in conversaiton or in promotional pamphlets, because this becomes apparent soon enough.

However, we're talking about the upcoming NMRA national show where there will be dealers, distributors, and manufacturers' representatives. It's important that we do our best to show that TT scale is viable and attractive. There's always the chance that some brave manufacturer will see our lack of models as a marketing opportunity.

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby CFRiad » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:10 pm

Dear NTS 2019 team,

This post is to bump up the thread in the forum timeline but also to start coordinating and planing.

I do not have the details of the show, but I assume we will be setting up al day Thursday. I am planning to be in SLC on Wednesday evening. My hotel is booked near the expo centre, so I can be there first thing on Thursday to sign in and mark our territory.

Please post here your schedules.
CFRiad

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 pm

So exciting...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CFRiad » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Trailer booked for pick-up on Saturday, the sixth. Bill intends to drop of stuff at my place the same day and to help loading it. Departure scheduled for Monday the eighth early in the morning.

I am all excited...
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:19 pm

We now have the full details of the show. Our layout will be located centrally, right in front of the vendors' booths. We will pick up our badges at 2 p.m. on Wednesday and are scheduled to drive into the building and drop off our stuff at 3 p.m the same day.

The plan is to not waste much time there on Wednesday and do some touristy stuff in the evening. We will then show up bright and early on Thursday and set everything up with little pressure. Terry will arrive to SLC on Thursday morning, followed by Richard later that afternoon.
Last edited by CFRiad on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
CFRiad

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:24 am

Damn! Prime real estate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby CFRiad » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 am

Our spot is 5013. We are registered as Pacific Northwest TT Scale Modellers.

ntsLayout.jpg
CFRiad

Previous

Return to Events