2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: 2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby CFRiad » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:02 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:Bringing the GuiTTar display will cost us 2 modules

SaltLakeCity3-1.jpg

This can work. The only drawback is the lack of any siding, which can make a rather boring operation. Other than increased the width, what would happen if we moved Rob's modules to the short side on the right and we put back the station scene? Also a second crossover would be nice in the top left corner, before Voytek's modules.
CFRiad

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:18 pm

CFRiad wrote:
Bill Dixon wrote:Bringing the GuiTTar display will cost us 2 modules

This can work. The only drawback is the lack of any siding, which can make a rather boring operation. Other than increased the width, what would happen if we moved Rob's modules to the short side on the right and we put back the station scene? Also a second crossover would be nice in the top left corner, before Voytek's modules.

Valid suggestions. The biggest constraint on our space is the area occupied by Voyteks' modules. If he comes or allows us to bring his modules I would be tempted to only bring the new set. That frees up space for six modules. Also we would not need the sharp S-Curve module so that's room for one more module on the top. I would move Richards' four module set into its place, add a crossover and one of Bjoerns' modules and a module with a spur. In the now empty space on the bottom, put four and a half modules of the station siding set and the short crossover set. If the GuiTTar was not used, there would be room for two more modules. I should bring my four foot table and see if there will be space to setup the GuiTTar display outside of the layout Needs more thought.

For now time is running out to submit an application the the NTS.
I sent the following in:
Salt Lake City Final.jpg
The change from the previous version was to remove the short 2/3 module from the right hand side and put a narrower 1/3 module in its place. Then adjust all the modules on the top and bottom to give more setback from the table edges.
Also included were notes about the display, one of which was that we have the spare modules to go longer if space and tables are available.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:35 pm

And a final, for now, rearrangement.
Salt  Lake City Alt.jpg
If we don't have either (of both) of Richards' or Voyteks' modules, we have eight and 2/3 spares to fill in the space.
To use the city corner would require a major shuffling of the display making it wider and possibly loosing one of our broad corners.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:18 pm

I still can't believe how large and varied/interesting you guys have grown things. So cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:47 am

Since we are dreaming of what we could do if we had time and people, here are two more options.
First - if everybody's modules were available:
Salt Lake City Six.jpg
Here we use the city corner and all but two modules.
The red module is not built yet.

If we had as much length as we wished.
Salt Lake City Seven.jpg
Only the two new broad curve corner sets are used. Be some serious exercise in operating this layout. A shorter version of this layout will most likely be used at Chilliwack 2019 in October probably with one end loop curled back to shorten the display.

Nice to dream but I don't think we will have the space and most likely will not have the bodies for these setups.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CFRiad » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 am

Bill Dixon wrote:Nice to dream but I don't think we will have the space and most likely will not have the bodies for these setups.

Yeah, both are way too big for four people. Sigh...

But you know what's going to happen: at the set-up there will be some room to expand, we'll pilfer some tables and we'll make the layout big anyway.
CFRiad

Postby Richard-B » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:55 pm

Bill Dixon wrote: If we don't have either (of both) of Richards' []modules...
The double-double (2 meters) WILL be there!
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 am

Received our confirmation e-mail today.
We are in the show.
Location L-2014.
Space is 35' x 15'. We have ten foot aisles on three sides and a 13'6" Aisle on one end.
Going to doodle a bit and see if we can use some of that extra space.<G>
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:13 am

Woohoo! TT at the National is so cool. Being there with my little layout back in 2013 is one my best memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:11 pm

As our submitted display was a bit smaller than the space we were allocated, I shuffled things a bit. By adding my four foot table and rearranging how the tables are laid out, we can get a few more modules in the display.
Salt Lake City Submitted mod..jpg

We still have spare modules.
The problem with the upper display is that it assumes that we will have Voyteks' modules. This is not currently assured. It would be nice to have some of them, maybe the new grain elevator set, but if we don't have any of them we can work without them.
The second diagram show one idea without his modules. We have one spare module. It would be nice to have a few more.

I am going to submit the first display to Western Rails (with 30" wide tables) as our display this year. As Richard cannot be there I will replace his modules with Terry's and a spare.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Events