2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: 2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby Richard-B » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm

dileTTante wrote:So, Richard, you're bringing your modules, right?
My plan is to drive the Volvo wagon.. The Double-Double (2 meters) will fit easily.
It might help to have all TT exhibited together, not only to impress visitors, but also to have mutual support and conversation, etc.
Is there any other TT we thought would be there???
None of the Europeans I talked to in October were planning to exhibit... although a couple might travel to attend.

Perhaps an 'About TT' table is the best way to promote our scale...
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby dileTTante » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Richard-B wrote:Is there any other TT we thought would be there???

AstroGoat760 wrote:I just got a call from the 2019 National Train Show layout coordinator, wanting to confirm that the layout we are displaying is indeed TT scale, and not T Scale or T-tracks N Scale.
In short: TT Scale will be at the 2019 National Train Show!
I assumed their resevation isn't for TT Tracks.
- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 pm

dileTTante wrote:
Richard-B wrote:Is there any other TT we thought would be there???

AstroGoat760 wrote:In short: TT Scale will be at the 2019 National Train Show!
I assumed their resevation isn't for TT Tracks.
- Terry C

That would be the Possum Central Railroad System. We are working on our new PossumTrax modules for the 2018 NTS and for closer by train shows.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:04 am

As mentioned in another thread, we had a dinner/planning get together Saturday night.
The size of the TT-Tracks layout we take to Salt Lake City depends on how many people we have to run it.

If only two of us make it then it has to be small enough for one person to run. Need to allow for people to be away for breaks.
More people allow for a larger layout.

So who is Committing to be at Salt Lake City, with or without modules, to help with the display?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby AstroGoat760 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:15 am

Bill Dixon wrote:As mentioned in another thread, we had a dinner/planning get together Saturday night.
The size of the TT-Tracks layout we take to Salt Lake City depends on how many people we have to run it.

If only two of us make it then it has to be small enough for one person to run. Need to allow for people to be away for breaks.
More people allow for a larger layout.

So who is Committing to be at Salt Lake City, with or without modules, to help with the display?

If we are able to get our layouts next to and/or near each other, it would be feasible for a minimal crew to watch both layouts.

At past train shows where we had the Possum Central on display at the same as ConducTTor's layout, we have been able to help him run his layout, answer questions about TT, and keep a general eye out on things for him. Heck, somewhere we have a few pictures of TTerry177 watching ConducTTor's layout for him.

I will not be able to say a firm yes or no until this coming March, as the VA has again been floating the idea of corrective surgery. I have asked that if they finally go ahead with the plans for surgery, that I be able to make the 2019 NTS first. I have been making a number of visits to the local VA hospital for scans and checks, and supposedly during my next primary care visit, they should have a tentative plan laid out.

That said, if our plans to go stay as they are, there will be between 3 and 5 TTnut.com members coming with us to the 2019 National Train Show (CaTTwoman281, TTerry177, and myself for sure, and possibly DakoTTa and his wife CaTTlady).
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby dileTTante » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 am

In addition, Voytek's modules are available for the show. I'm trying to get him to bring them himself.

- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:01 am

Preliminary sketches:
2019 Salt Lake City One..jpg

The top diagram is my first try. The middle diagram shows the essential modules in red. Anything else can be changed. This does show Voyteks' modules in use, but if he is not coming I would be tempted to not bring them along with us. Less to transport.
The problem with this display is that it is a four person display, i.e. three people running it and the fourth wandering around the show.

The bottom display is a more compact display they could be run by three people, i.e. two running and one wandering around.

I have designed both displays with 2' x 8' tables in mind because that is what was supplied at Portland. If the show supplies 30" x 8' tables, we get more space in front of the modules in our display.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CFRiad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:49 am

Since we are going through all the effort of moving our asses down to SLC, we might as well showcase our best. We can find a way to cram Voytek's modules in our cars in case he cannot make it in person.

I am looking at you, TTnut community. We need your help. If you're coming to the show, help us operate the layout.
CFRiad

Postby Bill Dixon » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:22 am

Going to be a tight fit to carry it all. You will need a trailer.

I am going to request the space for the first layout.

Thinking ahead to Western Rails, as they will give us all the space we want, we should setup
our projected NMRA display there an see how it works.
If it does not work with our projected staffing level, we can always downsize.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby dileTTante » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:37 am

Your plans don't appear to include the modules from Richard Brennan. He has said twice that he will bring them to the national show. An option might be to bring all modules for plan #1 and not use the ones which can be replaced by Richard's. Having spares might not be bad. Or you could leave at home the modules from plan #1 which Richard's will replace, and that might make room to transport Voytek's modules.

And Richard's modules won't be part of the setup for Western Rails in Vancouver.

I don't know how to manage the trip to Salt Lake City but I feel the national show is an important opportunity. I want to help put TT in front of manufacturers, distributors, and dealers, as well as the general public. It should be great fun, too. So I am working on ways to get there.

- Terry C
dileTTante

PreviousNext

Return to Events