2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: 2019 National Train Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

Postby AstroGoat760 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm

ConducTTor wrote:Dammit he barely spent any time with the layout. I wish he had taken the time to show NA prototype models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot to see there, so the effort needs to go into making it stand out.

I have already asked my boss for the time that I will need for the 2020 NTS off.
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby CFRiad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Rich1853 wrote:At the 20 minute mark of this live YouTube video is our (drum roll please) TT Scale in all its glory. Very nice and well done Pacific Northwest TT Scale Modelers. Couldn't miss the color of those tablecloths.
https://youtu.be/L0Dp_JxjE1U

Looking at what was running at the time the video was taken, he filmed it Sunday afternoon, when we were taking down the NA trains and setting up the European stuff. Obviously, we didn't notice him and he didn't ask any questions from any of us.

John Abatecola from the TSG Multimedia YouTube Channel also filmed our layout, but he had lots of questions and we did a little presentation/interview segment. I will check the channel periodically and will let you know when the video will be available.
Last edited by CFRiad on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:15 pm

The show closed for public at 4 on Sunday. We did a collective effort of speed take-down. Richard then rushed home to deal with some personal business. Bill, Terry and I loaded the trailer and van and we were out of the hall by 6. Terry then headed to the train station to take the Amtrak home. Bill and I spent the night in SLC.

I left the city early Monday morning and did a marathon 1100 km drive to Yakima. I was tempted to have a bit of rest and drive 4 more hours to home. Then my reason kicked in and booked a hotel for the night.
CFRiad

Postby dileTTante » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm

The show wasn't a big one. An outstanding layout was Free-moN made of several groups combined. Crowds were attracted to one near us, a large layout in Z scale with ships in the harbour and lots and lots of LEDs all over. Friday was busy, Saturday very busy, Sunday not so much.

Overall we in TT feel we made a difference. We had public interest and gave vendors something to think about. I'm sure there will be more comments here from Bill Dixon and Richard Brennan who networked a lot at the commercial level. Also, we can look forward to Tibi the you tube star, as I see he has mentioned while I was writing this.

I took photos of other layouts, particularly the Free-moN (two are attached here) but the few I made of TT Tracks didn't turn out well. Other two attached pictures show Richard Brennan's modules (work in progress), new to the TT Tracks layout. In addition to his modules, Richard himself was a huge help and positive influence.

And for Tibi and Bill -- TT could not have better representatives.

I'm writing this in the coffee shop near Sacramento station between trains, waiting for the Coast Starlight back north to Seattle. Bill and TIbi will have more to tell and you just have to wait.

-Terry C
Attachments
P1010502R.JPG
P1010504R.JPG
P1010549R.JPG
P1010552R.JPG
dileTTante

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Hope everyone gets home safe and without problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Richard-B » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Home... exhausted...
The post-NMRA NTS 'road trip' was deferred in order to get back and deal with family matters <<sigh>>

Many Thanks to Bill, Terry and Tibi...
for the opportunity to work together at the NTS to spread the word about TT-scale!
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between San Francisco and Budapest...
Richard-B

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:09 am

Spending the night in Kennewick Washington. Looks like a 1000km (600+ miles) is my daily limit. Could have pushed it more but the body is just starting to complain so it was a good time to stop.
Tibi is somewhere around here give or take and hours travel on I82.

The show was good. No the show was Great. And as usual exhausting, tiring, wearing, great, fantastic, too long, too short. Met many great people. We all talked to many people who were interested in TT-Scale.

Richard showed up on Thursday with modules. A bit of fiddling with track and they worked well. Despite serious family issues he soldiered on and was a great asset.

Much to say and many pictures of the layout and other things at the show to post but that will have to wait until I am home and settled.

I have about six hours driving tomorrow plus border time so may be home at a reasonable time. Taking Wednesday day off to deal with laundry and other issues. Most likely back to work Thursday.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CFRiad » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:21 pm

After an easy drive, not too much congestion on the 405 Seattle bypass and only 20 minutes lineup at the border, I made it home.

Now let’s unload the stuff and return the trailer.
CFRiad

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 pm

1596 km since leaving a gas station in Salt Lake City, I am home. Now to do a bit of unloading, start laundry, have lunch and crash, hopefully on that order.

The border was a 20 minute wait and a minute of questions. No problems.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby RodTT » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 am

I don't know how you guys do it. I consider over an hour to a show to be a long drive...
RodTT

PreviousNext

Return to Events