2019 Chilliwack Display

2019 Chilliwack Display

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:11 am

This is the projected display for the Chilliwack show next month.
2019 Chilliwack..jpg
Other than the entrance to the staging yard there are no sharp curves. The location of the staging yard can be moved closer to the center if we wish.
This does show usage of the four track station module set but we have spare modules if the set is not ready.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: 2019 Chilliwack Display

Postby CFRiad » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:25 pm

The show is on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October.

The plan is to set up on Friday evening. I am planing to be there around 4-5 with Voytek's and my modules. Bill will head out after the store closes.

More details next week.
CFRiad

Postby dileTTante » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Graeme and I will be there Friday afternoon for set-up and for Saturday - Sunday show. Voytek thinks he won't make it for set-up but will at the show Saturday and Sunday. All of us good for a dinner Saturday night.
- Terry C
dileTTante

Postby dileTTante » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:Other than the entrance to the staging yard there are no sharp curves..
Voytek wants to bring his HP 0-6-2 locomotive and I want to bring my HP 4-6-2 and the Roco BR02. With the proposed layout none of these locomotives can run out from staging yard to mainline. There are work-arounds but they require setting up the locos and rolling stock on the mainline. Could this be remedied with the modules M08 - M29 - M07 used in the BCSME display?

- Terry C
Attachments
BCSME.jpg
BCSME.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 239 times
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:03 am

Loaded for the show.

I don't think we need it but I am bringing one folding six foot table.

Unless we think we will need it, I will leave my Z21 at home.

Good news, the boss did customs today so I can get away earlier tomorrow. I am trying for a 5 PM departure, hoping to make Chilliwack by 6 PM. Maybe earlier.

It has already been an expensive week. Last Saturday morning while driving on the highway to work, I blew the right rear tire. Was hoping to retire this van with the tires it had on it however Murphy. The van now has a new set of all season tires and new front brakes. I did think ahead and buy a size that will fit the newer model year I am thinking of buying so I can keep the new tires.

Sad to say no new modules for this show. Didn't get some necessary track bits for the station module on time, they are on the way. And despite having the track for the other two modules I want to build, I couldn't summon the enthusiasm to do so.

However not all is lost, there is new equipment. Two new cabooses. Two covers for partially decalled gondolas, and thanks to an E-Bay purchase, three pieces of North American heavy-weight equipment to test. Oh and a Triang depressed center flat car to test. Not sure about that one, may be a wheel issue.

One problem with the setup, due to the BCSME display a while ago, I have all the shims. Perhaps Terry and Graeme could drop by the store on their way out and pick them up.

My latest Butlers shipment arrived. I now have a Sherman Firefly for my Memorial module, a jeep and trailer, and two military trucks. They will not be painted in time for the display but I will have them with me.

Lots of interesting stuff showing up on E-Bay.
Picked up two items on cheap bids.
There is an HP Pacific and a Mikado kit that I am going to fight for.
I am interested in the Challenger but won't chase it if someone wants to go stupid high on the price.
Several 0-6-0 switchers if anybody is interested.
There is a 4-8-4 that looks complete except for detail parts and a 4-8-2 kit with no tender.
I might be interested in the 4-8-2 if anybody had a tender for it.
Could turn out to be an expensive weekend on top of an expensive week.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby RodTT » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:27 am

A Triang depressed center flat car? I'd never heard of one of those - then I realised you must mean the bogie well wagon! I still have one my dad bought me around 1958 and it's as good as new.
RodTT

Ebay HP engines

Postby tomvanhoy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 am

All of these locos are from an auction in Indiana. The Challenger went at $150, so I am surprised at the sellers starting price. All of the other items went for less than $100, with many under $50. There was a lot of feight cars and some coaches too, but not sure if the same seller won all of them. Good luck Bill!
tomvanhoy

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:37 am

The Chilliwack show is over. It was a good show but a bit bittersweet as it was announced that this was the last show.
Things ran reasonably well but as usual there were a few issues.
20191020_South end of layout.jpg
South end of the layout.
20191020_North End of Layout.jpg
North end of layout..
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:47 am

New equipment was run.
IMG_20191020_123403-1003x239.jpg
New passenger equipment. Still needs work on trucks and couplers.
IMG_20191020_123257-1003x264.jpg
Gondolas with new paint and covers. Still need to add more lettering.
IMG_20191020_131350-1003x408.jpg
New CP Rail Caboose. Need to make a Southern Pacific caboose, and a NYC caboose and one or two for CN.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:17 pm

The gondola covers look good. May look into getting some.
My website: http://www.ttnut.com
It's the website you're already on. But if you want to be even more on it, click the link.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events