2018 Setup at BCSME

2018 Setup at BCSME

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:48 pm

The BCSME summer schedule has filled up.
Available dates are: July 21, July, 28 and August 25. There is a long weekend available, but after last year's experience, I think we will avoid that weekend. There is a weekend in June but that is inventory weekend and I am not available.

There is a souvenir kiosk in the room now so we will be limited to sixteen feet wide by twenty-one feet long. Not sure how the GuiTTar display will fit in there yet but I have a few ideas. I'll see what I can doodle up.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: 2018 Setup at BCSME

Postby CFRiad » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:38 am

All these dates work for me. Looking forward to it
CFRiad

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:44 am

Two Possible Setup for BCSME.
2018 BCSME First Try.jpg
This gives us access to both tracks in the reverse loop.

2018 BCSME Second Try..jpg
This loses access to the inner line in the reverse loop but I think is a bit cleaner.

Both have good inner table space for equipment setup.The entrance is a bit over two feet.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby dileTTante » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Attachment is offered only as a suggestion to address what I see as potential problems, although probably minor ones.

With viewers crowded around the GuiTTar Case, the entry to the center of layout may be blocked in proposed setups.

Three tables in lower right corner of first setup makes too long a reach from inside.

I think it's better to have extra straight module at entry to staging yard as shown in first setup. Without the straight, the reverse curve in the second setup invites problems, especially with longer passenger cars. And keeping access to inner track of the reverse loop is useful.

Also, all the dates work for me, too.

- Terry C
Attachments
2018 BCSME suggestion.jpg
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Fri May 11, 2018 3:34 am

I have booked the weekend of July 21/22 with setup on Friday the 20th.
I am taking the whole week off to prepare for the setup.

I also note that the following weekend 28/29 is also available. Do we want to do two weekends in a row?

There is a BCSME meeting in the room in the middle of the week so we cannot leave the layout setup.
I am inclined to go for the two weekends. We could swap out modules to vary the display.

Tibi also asked me about the Chilliwack Free-Mo setup.
I not have talked to them lately but from thier web site, the setup is from June 15th to 17th.
I could get out there for setup on the evening of the 15th. Because my wife is taking that week off, I will have to work the 16th, and could be there on Sunday.
I like the idea of a big setup with no public to get in the way, but not being available all days, I am not sure about the expense. What do the rest of think about the idea?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CFRiad » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 am

Bill Dixon wrote:I am inclined to go for the two weekends.

So am I

Bill Dixon wrote:[...]about the Chilliwack Free-Mo setup. [...]What do the rest of think about the idea?

Hmmm, I am neutral. If you guys decide to go, I will do whatever is needed. If you decide to skip, I am fine with it too.

Bill Dixon wrote:I like the idea of a big setup with no public to get in the way.

I also like the idea , but it is only worth going if all of us can come, including Vojtek. That way we can, build up the Z21 loco library, tweak decoder CVs, grease gears, clean wheels, align couplers, and generally make things better.
CFRiad

Postby dileTTante » Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 pm

I can be at BCSME both weekends but may skip one of the Saturdays because of another regular commitment.

I sent a note to Voytek to call his attention to the possible event in Chilliwack in June. Myself I'd like to participate but it will be following closely on my return from a month away from home. My finances may not be up to the challenge, and I'd need a ride to Chilliwack and back because my regular wheels (Graeme) won't attend. With possible flooding there from the Fraser River perhaps no one will attend.

Something to consider -- JMRI can run the Roco Z21. JMRI has Engine Driver app which allows operation from tablets and phones. A laptop is needed as server and provides several throttles at once on its screen. Advantage -if it works - is that the roster on the server has all the decoder settings stored for each locomotives, which Z21 doesn't have. Phones and tablets don't need to be updated. We already program our locos with JMRI and have the rosters. The roster for the server is XML file which can easily be edited to include all locomotives, or add and delete. Complete roster and system also can be used if layout is switched to Digitrax.

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:55 pm

With the BCSME fast approaching, next weekend in fact, it it time to start preparations.
The current plan is:
2018 BCSME First Weekend Final..jpg

I have been measuring my modules and making new diagrams of them. Still need to do the corners and Bjoern's modules.
I need to work on two modules, M08 and M20.

I have taken the week off so will be there early for setup Friday evening. I believe we can get in at 6 PM.

There is enough flat working area that we can work on the scenery on Terry's modules.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby dileTTante » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 am

Bill Dixon wrote:With the BCSME fast approaching, next weekend in fact,
Is it next weekend - July 13-15? Or is it July 20-22 as stated in earlier post (May 11)?

-Terry
dileTTante

Postby Bill Dixon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 am

dileTTante wrote:
Bill Dixon wrote:With the BCSME fast approaching, next weekend in fact,
Is it next weekend - July 13-15? Or is it July 20-22 as stated in earlier post (May 11)?

-Terry

You are correct, it is not this coming weekend, but next weekend the 20-22.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Next

Return to Events