2017 Western Rails

Re: 2017 Western Rails

Postby dileTTante » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Bill Dixon told me a while back that he would try to be there for set-up at 3PM Saturday, if I remember correctly. Graeme and I plan for that time, and that's what I told Voytek. He told me on the phone yesterday that he will be there around that time, depending on road conditions.

You know from experience that tables may not be ready until later, and perhaps the evening can include a gathering for drink and food. Voytek needs to leave right away after the show Sunday.

I've been working steadily to have some new items for the show. An old set of Karwendal coaches (now with lights) and a new E44. A BR44 with some beer and wine wagons for fun. The HP Pacific steamer has been very uncooperative, so it will stay home for a rebuild and paint job. Voytek said he'd bring his modules and a locomotive.

I apologize for not posting something sooner. I mistakenly thought the 3PM time had been posted here by Bill, so didn't think more about it.

-Terry C
dileTTante

Postby CFRiad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:20 am

Excellent. I shall be there at 3, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CFRiad

Postby Bill Dixon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:20 pm

dileTTante wrote:Bill Dixon told me a while back that he would try to be there for set-up at 3PM Saturday, if I remember correctly. Graeme and I plan for that time, and that's what I told Voytek. He told me on the phone yesterday that he will be there around that time, depending on road conditions.
-Terry C

I do hope to be there by 3 PM.

After setup perhaps we can go across the road to Red Robbin for a beer and burger.

Sunday I will be at the hall at 7 AM to help setup the store.
If things go as expected I should be available most of the day to help with the display.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby CN-TT » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:52 am

Hi guys,
good luck with the show and have a lot of fun. Enjoy the beer and burgers but please DO NOT forget to take pictures and post them here. :wave:

Cheers
Bjoern
CN-TT

Postby ConducTTor » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:54 pm

^^^ That!
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:18 am

It's show setup morning.

The new van is loaded. It has more space than the old van so loads differently. Better.
Found the misplaced bag of table covers. Need to buy some new ones. Will hit a dollar store on the way to work.
Don't know where the old shims are. Made a stack of new ones. Hope it will be enough. Remembered to load the level, and a spare extension cord.

Going into work early to print handouts.

Raining lightly. Worried this might be snow on the interior highways. Could stop Voytech from coming.
We will see.

Very little done since the last show. Work / health / family issues have dominated for the last few months. Happily most everything is better or settling down so I am getting more active.

Should be a good weekend.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:It's show setup morning.

The new van is loaded. It has more space than the old van so loads differently. Better.

Because the new van has doors on both sides I was able to load from the drivers side. The two doors mean more space between the doors so there is more room.
20170317 Van from Drivers Side.jpg
Usually there is no space for anything beside the two corner boxes. Now there is room for a stack of paper boxes.
20170317 Van from rear.jpg
Now there is more space in the rear as well.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

2017 Western Rails

Postby CFRiad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Set up is done. It went pretty smoothly, we finished in under 3 hours. Bill will post photos of the layout. In a few words, it is big. Vojtek's new modules are awesome :clap: and they take up the entire front of the display. The whole thing looks very slick.

There is a big empty table where the guiTTar case used to be :(

After that we went for a bite and a pint. Bjoern, we missed you there too and here is a photo to prove it.

IMG_0617.jpg
Last edited by CFRiad on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
CFRiad

Postby Bill Dixon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:56 pm

The weather was good and despite the snow closing the Fraser Canyon, Voytek made it.
There were problems at the hall. The tables were late because the truck delivering them broke down and had to go back to the warehouse and the tables loaded onto a new truck.

Eventually the display was setup and running.
20170318 w r setuop.jpg
There were the usual problems with tables but we had enough shims to fix that.

Voytek had a new module.
20170318 voyteks new module.jpg

Tibi had leveler feet on many modules.

There were problems. A turnout on Voyteks new module. Some of the turnouts on Tibis yard ladder module didn't work and I haven't made a replacement point rail for a turnout on the other ladder. Going to be a busy evening.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby Bill Dixon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 pm

At our meal at Red Robbins we observed one important moment:
20170318 a toast to absent friends.jpg
A toast to absent friends.

We had a good dinner.

Then off to home to work on problems and have too short a nights sleep.
I need to be in the hall very early tomorrow morning. The others can sleep in longer.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Events