2017 in TT Scale

2017 in TT Scale

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:27 am

How was everyone's year in TT scale in 2017?

I am pretty sure that everyone here has at least heard of the resolutions that CaTTwoman281 and I tried out for the first time in 2017, and I feel that for the most part, they were a success and a source of motivation for us in TT scale. Has anyone else tried anything similar?
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Re: 2017 in TT Scale

Postby RodTT » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:54 am

2017 saw me coming back to TT after a few years modelling HO. The big difference was that I used to model British TT (1:100), but now I'm modelling American TT.

Despite the relative dearth of available items, I've managed to obtain just about enough stock to make it feasible without scratch-building.

The only resolution I made was that I want the layout to be at least as good (i.e. convincing) as my last one, fit for taking to shows.

I didn't give myself any deadlines but it's only a small layout - eyes peeled in the first half of 2018 for more photos and (hopefully) completion!

I must put in a word for Rob Dikken of Zeuke, whose service has been top notch. Lok-n-Roll have also been very obliging.
RodTT

Postby AstroGoat760 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 am

RodTT wrote:2017 saw me coming back to TT after a few years modelling HO. The big difference was that I used to model British TT (1:100), but now I'm modelling American TT.

Despite the relative dearth of available items, I've managed to obtain just about enough stock to make it feasible without scratch-building.

The only resolution I made was that I want the layout to be at least as good (i.e. convincing) as my last one, fit for taking to shows.

I didn't give myself any deadlines but it's only a small layout - eyes peeled in the first half of 2018 for more photos and (hopefully) completion!

I must put in a word for Rob Dikken of Zeuke, whose service has been top notch. Lok-n-Roll have also been very obliging.

I still collect British TT scale (my first powered TT scale trains were Tri-Ang), which is where the "spark" took place that took off into obsession with TT scale.

Scratchbuilding is not all that hard, and can be quite fun! Look for "how-tos" from my wife and I here in 2018.

No deadline, no problem! I like to try to motivate myself to do more, so that is part of why I took on the "dare" of the 2017 Resolutions, and why the "tradition" will continue for the foreseeable future.

And by the way, RodTT, welcome back to TT scale!
Course Set, Speed - Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!
AstroGoat760

Postby RodTT » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:15 am

AstroGoat760 wrote:
I still collect British TT scale (my first powered TT scale trains were Tri-Ang), which is where the "spark" took place that took off into obsession with TT scale.

Scratchbuilding is not all that hard, and can be quite fun! Look for "how-tos" from my wife and I here in 2018.

No deadline, no problem! I like to try to motivate myself to do more, so that is part of why I took on the "dare" of the 2017 Resolutions, and why the "tradition" will continue for the foreseeable future.

And by the way, RodTT, welcome back to TT scale!

Thanks.

I will be scratchbuilding most of my structures and other scenics, but I do prefer RTR or kitbuilding when it comes to locos and stock. Having said that, there's bound to be something I want that isn't available, so it's always a possibility. I like the idea of putting together a Shapeways Geep or two, when I get fed up with running two SW1200s up and down.
RodTT

Return to General Discussion