Will you be attending the show?

Yes!
40%
Maybe
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: 2016 National Train Show - Indianapolis, Indiana

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:45 am

Glad everyone is home without incident :)
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Arseny » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 am

Bill Dixon wrote:I did take a series of Photos of every module in the display.
I can post those if you wish.

If you have some new interesting photos, of course, I would be glad to see them.
If it is not too difficult for you, of course.
Arseny

Postby krokodil » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:32 am

dileTTante wrote:
It was worthwhile because I think the national show is the Mt Olympus where the model train gods meet, and it's good for them to see us mere mortals struggling to revive TT scale. Tony Koestler from Model Railroader graced us with his presence during set-up. I talked with a man about getting some TT scale figures for which he has some molds, because I want to populate my passenger trains. He sells Viessmannn figures and accessories. He pals around with Herr Lenz (the DCC Lenz) and rides the trains in Europe with him. I asked Peco about making TT track. And LOTS of model railroaders saw our TT layout. When they ask about availability I tell them the sad news and then urge them to bug suppliers about providing TT supplies. It's shameful that Z scale has so much and we have so little.

And I will continue annoying everyone here about the importance of having TT scale at major train shows.

-Terry C.

Congratulation guys! It was a perfect job! I forwarded this message to Tillig management. I hope there will be some positive response.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby CFRiad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:36 am

Arseny wrote:
CFRiad wrote:My personal goal is to take lots of photos.

And where are the photos?!.. :wtf: :wink:

I said I would take lots of photos, not that I would post lots of photos. :lol:

Give me a few days to get my stuff organized and my camera content imported and I may post a few more. In the meantime, have a look at the ones I already uploaded a few pages back.
Last edited by CFRiad on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:09 am

Yes, we are back. We arrived last night in Vancouver. The odometer in my car clocked 8466 km.

Thank you all who participated:
  • Terry for getting us organized
  • Tom for helping at the show
  • Bill for making the modules, gambling by loading them in the trailer for such a long and bumpy ride and for flying in for a last-minute appearance at the show
  • Bjoern's wife for keeping us focused at the show and for putting up with our bad jokes during the long trip
  • Bjoern for all his work on the GuiTTar Case and the modules and for providing countless hours of driving, co-piloting and conversation.
  • both Bjoern and his wife for putting up with me for the last two weeks

Also, thank you all TT-nut members who pitched in financially for this trip to happen.

Now there a few more admin things to take care off: getting Bill's modules to the store, returning the trailer, laundry, cleaning the house, etc... Then it's getting back to real work on Monday: yes there is such a thing a real life outside TT scale.
CFRiad

Postby CN-TT » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:46 am

And a big thank you to Tibi for organizing the trailer. This was not as easy as planned! :thumbup:
Again thanks to all who contributed to cover the trailer costs! :thumbup:
CN-TT

Postby CFRiad » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:45 pm

A few thoughts after the road trip:

I missed the Vancouver weather: the grey, cloudy skies, constant drizzle, humidity, smell of the ocean. I had enough hot sun and blue sky to last me months. (I know I will regret this statement come January.). Tonight I will put on my gore-tex and head for a stroll on the beach in the rain.

I don't want to drive a car for the next few month. Note to self: renew the transit pass and lube up the chain on the bicycle.

I had enough bad country music to last a life time (favourite verse overheard on a country station in South Dakota: "God is great/Beer is good/People are crazy"). Time to tune my radio back to CBC.

Yellowstone is absolutely awesome if you get 500 metres away from any place that is drivable. I want to go back for a cycling or a backcountry hiking tour.
CFRiad

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:37 pm

krokodil wrote:I forwarded this message to Tillig management.

Tillig is probably the last company to do anything US related. I've had communication with them on and off for about 10 years now. They have ZERO interest in the US. Unless it's East German, forget about Tillig doing anything out of their comfort zone. Very rigid company with no vision.
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby krokodil » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:04 am

Of course do not expect too much from Tillig without a dealer network and support environment in the USA. It is not about the rigidness but about a business.
First of all your local business environment should be established, starting with articles in local magazines, finding some friendly dealers doing some workshops etc.
In comparison to many other manufacturers, Tillig ( and the people behind Tillig) knows much better how complex is to build up from scratch the new sales network. They lost their networks 2 times since 1990 and had to start from scratch without big investors in the background. Do you remember Mr Parisel, he even went to oversea..... It is not an easy task...

Anyway every input from the market could be an initiator for the future.
There are now 2-3 stronger players on the TT market, so the chances are much better that somebody will open also for oversea. Right now most of them is oriented for eastern European markets - as there is a bigger ( but very poor) basis of TT enthusiast. Maybe some day you can also reach the threshold of their interest. Let us hope for you.
Greetings from Austria
E.T.
krokodil

Postby Bill Dixon » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Happy to see that almost everybody is home safe.
Time to recover from the travels, expenses and any medical issues that have arisen.

Those of you have been following the progress of the event will have noted that the pictures do not match the last plan we had. Here is the actual layout as displayed.
2016 NMRA Indy Final.jpg

The event went well.
I think I can safely echo the comments of William Van Horne on the completion of the CPR:
"The work has been well done in every way".

Now to start planning for the next event.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Events