2015 NMRA Convention - Portland, OR

Re: 2015 NMRA Convention - Portland, OR

Postby ConducTTor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Hmmm, I may or may not have seen it. Is there a digital copy somewhere?
What people think: "liberals/conservatives are ruining my country"
What the powerful know: divide and conquer
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby Bill Dixon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:29 pm

CN-TT wrote:Alex, do you know the pamphlet Bill Dixon has created? Yesterday, I had a chance to revise it. I like it very much. Maybe Bill can post it here in its entirety for all.
I like "less space than HO, more detail than N" :thumbup:
What about "TT is back!"

The new 8 1/2" x 14" handout still needs work. It is designed to have four panels per side with the possibility of the info spreading over tow or more panels.

Bjoern proofed it for me and pointed out a hand full of errors.
I still need to take three pictures: a pair showing the size differences using SW1200s, and then one to be printed full size on the bottom of one side of the handout, an SW1200 pulling a 40' box car. Something to give the reader a clear idea of what size the scale is.
I will work on it some more. I hope to have it ready for the Victoria setup at the end of May.
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Postby ConducTTor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Ok how about this as a logo/slogan? It's a part of my pamphlet that's here a-new-pamphlet-t2444.html

TT Slogan.png
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby modorney » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:51 am

I look at TT as one aspect of the "12 mm triad".

What I see is TT is a great way to model US prototypes, as well as standard gauge European trains.
HOm is great for modeling European Narrow Gauge. An added plus for me is that these modelers do a lot of operating here (San Francisco). Also good for scratchbuilding trams (also European)
3mm is great for scratchbuilding/kits of British prototypes.

All three use 12mm track (admittedly different tie spacings), and despite different scales, one could operate all three at the same time (operating session). Which makes achieving a critical mass more likely.

Personally, I see the 3mm (and to some extent the HOm) models as good running gear for TT (120) scratchbuilt locos.
But any way we can get more into this dimension of the hobby is good.
modorney

Postby j p » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:05 am

modorney wrote:Personally, I see the 3mm (and to some extent the HOm) models as good running gear for TT (120) scratchbuilt locos.
But any way we can get more into this dimension of the hobby is good.

Interesting opinion.
I have never heard of H0m or TT3 used as running gear for TT. The other way around it works all the time. Standard EU-TT is mass produced and the running gear from it is often used for H0m and H0e. TT3 is available only as kits (as far as I know), nobody really makes RTR models in TT3 scale anymore in numbers comparable to standard EU-TT. I would not expect to find any custom built TT3 model cheaper than the mass produced standard EU-TT models :grin:
j p

Postby CN-TT » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:10 am

@modorney: I get your point but I'm a little bit more narrow-minded. For me, TT is not about the 12mm gauge it's about the 1:120 scale. This includes the scale size of engines, rail cars, road cars, buildings, track appearance, etc. You can run TTm or TTe next to TT on one layout but H0m and all that other non-TT stuff on a TT layout would look odd to me.

@ConducTTor: Your slogan would look good on our table skirts!
You gotta do much more than believe if you really wanna change things!

"The GuiTTar Case" Gallery
"The GuiTTar Case" YouTube
CN-TT

Postby CFRiad » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Bill Dixon wrote:The new 8 1/2" x 14" handout still needs work. It is designed to have four panels per side with the possibility of the info spreading over tow or more panels.

All,
I am ready to donate my time and my graphic designer experience to work on the brochure. Let's make a professional one. When taking photos we could get together and do some legit work with proper lighting and backdrop.

Bill, Bjorn, let me know what works for you guys.
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:22 pm

ConducTTor wrote:I am totally in for something like that and would help subsidize it. I like the idea of uniform shirts and I think there needs to be one professional looking pamphlet to hand out. Table skirts would be cool as well.

I too will pitch in with some dough.
CFRiad

Postby CFRiad » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Do we know if "TT, the ideal gauge" is trademarked or copyrighted by Tillig? Would they choke if we used "the perfect scale" to complement the "less space than HO, more detail than N" slogan?
CFRiad

Postby ConducTTor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:08 pm

CFRiad wrote:All,
I am ready to donate my time and my graphic designer experience to work on the brochure. Let's make a professional one. When taking photos we could get together and do some legit work with proper lighting and backdrop.

Take a look here a-new-pamphlet-t2444.html (It's probably not up to your standards?).
ConducTTor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events