1950s Vintage TT Scale Brass & Rolling Stock For Sale

1950s Vintage TT Scale Brass & Rolling Stock For Sale

Postby xraybob » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:59 pm

I’m interested in selling a collection of 1950s TT scale models that I inherited from my Dad a few years ago.

He built in TT from about 1950 thru 1960 – long before N scale. Most of the equipment is scratch-built from plans in old Model Railroader magazines.

The 4-4-0 is a brass scratch-built locomotive – I remember as he turned the domes and other parts on his homemade lathe. As far as I remember, the only parts that he bought for this engine were the drivers, tender trucks, couplers and a few tiny lost-wax details. The locomotive is operational – the electric motor appears large, but – again this was before N and that was about as small as you get at the time.

The 0-4-0 Dockside is a 1950s vintage Robico/Varney model – it also is operational. I have the original box and literature.

The combine is scratch-built from plans in an old Model Railroader magazine based on the famous John Allen combine.

The scratch-built flatcar/derrick is hand-lettered and has an operational chain/ hook on a moveable boom.

The scratch-built boxcar has operating side doors and is hand lettered for his “Deadwood & Drygulch” railroad.

There is also a handmade delivery truck.

I have attached some photographs of all the equipment with a ruler/size and literature. I realize that TT scale is somewhat uncommon,
but perhaps you may know of some discriminating collector that would be interested in owning these one-of-kind 60+ year old TT models.

Please let me know what you think.

Dale Jones
Attachments
Dale Jones TT Scale.zip
1950s TT Models For Sale
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 212 times
xraybob

Re: 1950s Vintage TT Scale Brass & Rolling Stock For Sale

Postby Bill Dixon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:16 am

Hello Dale

Some good looking modelling there.
I would be interested in acquiring these to run on our TT-Tracks display.

What do you have in mind for them?
Regards
Bill Dixon
TT-Tracks
North Vancouver, BC
Bill Dixon

Re: 1950s Vintage TT Scale Brass & Rolling Stock For Sale

Postby Richard-B » Sun May 07, 2017 11:03 am

xraybob wrote:<snip> The 4-4-0 is a brass scratch-built locomotive – I remember as he turned the domes and other parts on his homemade lathe. As far as I remember, the only parts that he bought for this engine were the drivers, tender trucks, couplers and a few tiny lost-wax details. The locomotive is operational – the electric motor appears large, but – again this was before N and that was about as small as you get at the time.
Dale
The 4-4-0 is a jewel! This is a great example of the craftsmanship that existed in the hobby 50 years ago... and it is great that you were there to witness the build.
1 - TT Brass 4-4-0 01 - Dale Jones.jpg
TT 4-4-0 p1

2 - TT Brass 4-4-0 02 - Dale Jones.jpg
TT 4-4-0 p2
Richard Brennan - http://www.tt-west.com
Somewhere between Shenzhen and Budapest...
Richard-B

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade