"Where the Hell is Zeke Now?"

Talk about anything and everything!

Re: "Where the Hell is Zeke Now?"

Postby TinGoat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:19 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:One, does anyone have a suggestion for the HP E-7A that has been tagging along with us on recent outings?

Name the HP E-7A...

HP = Horus Pike!
Happy Railroadin'
The Tin Goat
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Overlooking Fairbank on the Toronto Belt Line
Ontario, Dominion of Canada
====
The Ontario Narrow Gauge Show:
http://www.narrowgaugemadness.com
====
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog:
http://humbervalleysimcoerailway.blogspot.com/
====
"Do you mind being apathetic?"
TinGoat

Postby AngrySailor302 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:16 pm

TinGoat wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:One, does anyone have a suggestion for the HP E-7A that has been tagging along with us on recent outings?

Name the HP E-7A...

HP = Horus Pike!

Actually, that loco got a name a few months ago: Ernie (along with Bert, the E-7B).
All Hail the Almighty Zeke!
AngrySailor302

Postby AngrySailor302 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:02 am

Well, we are out and about again, I am on a three month assignment in Williston, ND; and the traveling TT fleet is with me. I have already gotten a few photos of Lindsay and my as-yet-unnamed HP 0-8-0 with a Soo Line 2-8-0, upcoming photos will be of the fleet with the last remaining Great Northern Mikado, as well as pictures with the World's largest Sandhill Crane and Holstein Cow, plus photos and video of the Empire Builder.

Photos to be posted when I can get access to a computer with a card reader.
AngrySailor302

Postby Arseny » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:40 pm

"Where is AngrySailor302 now?.." :lol:

Do you have Soo Line 2-8-0 ? It's funny: I have the nice DSS&A 2-8-0 Consolidation!..
Arseny

Postby AngrySailor302 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm

I seem to have lost a few photos that would have gone here, including the HP 0-8-0 with the Soo Line 2-8-0 at Harvey, ND; and Ernie and Bert in the North Dakota badlands.

Due to a family emergency and subsequent jump halfway across the country and back again, we made some stops along the way back at some railroad museums and destinations.

Here are some photos taken at the Tennesse Valley Railroad Museum at Chattanooga, TN. This would be a first for a revisit and staging of photos again.

Here is a GP-7 that is used to pull an excursion train, disconnected from the varnish and ready to climb on the turntable. It would not be hard to modify a Lionel TT GP-7 to look like this:

Ernie and Bert on display in one of the passenger cars:
(During the trip, we had a discussion about TT scale, past present, and future, with a couple of people that work at the NMRA Headquarters, which is next to the entrance to the museum)

Lindsey and the (as yet) un-named HP 0-8-0 join in on the seat:

Here is a photo of the interior of the backshop at the museum. In back is the Ms-Class (2-8-2) #4501, undergoing overhaul, and next to it is Southern E-8 #6914. While talking to one of the workers, we showed him the TTraveling fleet, and he was shocked, as he used to have TT scale trains "back in the day", and used to have a HP 2-8-2, like we have.

AngrySailor302

Postby ConducTTor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Dude, your HP locos look like they're in pristine condition. They're like 50 years old - wtf?

:)
I've heard of many great leaders. I've yet to hear of a single great committee.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AngrySailor302 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 pm

As soon as I can find where the adapter to connect the camera to the computer is at, we will post more, including photos of Lindsey at the Union Pacific Museum and with the massive Big Boy #4023 and Centennial #6900.
AngrySailor302

Postby AngrySailor302 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:05 am

ConducTTor wrote:Dude, your HP locos look like they're in pristine condition. They're like 50 years old - wtf?

:)

Ernie (the E-8A) needs a little work, including a new insulator for one of the idler axles, which has been the case since I bought it. Bert (the E-8B) has some scratches. Both need their inserts replaced, and that will happen after the shells get repainted and decals applied.

The 0-8-0 was a mess when I bought it, the valve gear was shot, and the loco underwent a full rebuild, as there was a lot of foreign debris in the body.
AngrySailor302

Postby ConducTTor » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:06 am

AngrySailor302 wrote:Big Boy #4023

The day when that becomes available in high quality in TT is the day when I'll say "ok, I've done what I can. Things are good now. Have a drink and relax".
I've heard of many great leaders. I've yet to hear of a single great committee.
ConducTTor
Site Admin

Postby AngrySailor302 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:28 am

ConducTTor wrote:
AngrySailor302 wrote:Big Boy #4023

The day when that becomes available in high quality in TT is the day when I'll say "ok, I've done what I can. Things are good now. Have a drink and relax".

Right now the goal is to have a TT scale locomotive pictured on and around each of the 8 remaining Big Boys. Two down, 6 to go.

I can imagine that a high fidelity model of a UP Big Boy would run at least $2,000 each. Shoot, a scale UP 4-6-6-4 in S scale costs roughly $1,000.
AngrySailor302

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic